PDA

View Full Version : 1913 Fatima Washington Americans

StevenS
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Not knowing much about older cards I tried getting some info on this card and was directed here by another card site..Any info on value on this card? Or whether it's worth getting graded? A lady friend from work found this in one of her Mother's shoe boxes after she passed a few weeks ago and just trying to help her out..The ones I see on Ebay look so flat brown while this is glossy..The photos are from a cell phone and not very good..Any and all help appreciated in advance and I'm glad to have found this "expert" site..Thanks,Steve

Jaybird
04-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Looks Legit to me. T200 Washington Senators Fatima Team card. Would likely grade a "1" because of the crease and missing corner. Value somewhere in the $100-$125 range.

IMO

Woundedduck
04-20-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm not the most knowledgable here, but I agree that it looks authentic. I own one of these and they do have a glossy shine to them. Probably not worth grading due to condition, but I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer either here or on eBay.

bcornell
04-20-2011, 10:53 PM
No question, it's legit. You can tell from the type of creasing, the chipped corners, the curling of the card, and the reflection from the flash. No fake puts all those qualities together.

Is it worth grading? No. The grade is pretty obvious - it'll be a low-grade card in an SGC or a PSA holder. That's not going to help it sell for more money, so I'd spare the expense. This card would get a fair price on eBay as-is, probably in the $100-150 range.

Bill

gnaz01
04-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Not knowing much about older cards I tried getting some info on this card and was directed here by another card site..Any info on value on this card? Or whether it's worth getting graded? A lady friend from work found this in one of her Mother's shoe boxes after she passed a few weeks ago and just trying to help her out..The ones I see on Ebay look so flat brown while this is glossy..The photos are from a cell phone and not very good..Any and all help appreciated in advance and I'm glad to have found this "expert" site..Thanks,Steve

Welcome to the boards :D

StevenS
04-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Thanks everybody for the help and advice..Great site/board here,,,

Bridwell
04-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi Steven,
A lot of collectors will like that card, since it features HOF great Walter Johnson in the top row at the start of his best pitching season. In 1913, he had an incredible 36-7 won-loss record with a 1.09 ERA. Even had 2 saves. Nice card.

ls7plus
04-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Now that's the kind of post I like to see, Ron. The card "captures" that great season Johnson had, and adds to it and the Big Train's story. I don't believe there's any question that the card's legit, and the condition's not atypical of the 1913 Fatima, which chipped and creased very easily as real photo cards. SMR is $85 for a one, and $175 for a two, and they can be a bit conservative on vintage. Good find!

Larry