PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a Value... Please!

quinnsryche
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi. I have very little experience selling ungraded cards and was wondering if someone could give me an approximate value of this T3 of Fred Merkle. It is crease free, clean and appears to be the correct size (8" x 5 3/4"). I am looking more for an estimate from experience rather than a static book value (which I don't trust). Also, what would grading (SGC or PSA) add percentage wise to said value. I want to list it at a fair and reasonable asking price. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Leon
04-19-2011, 11:43 AM
SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) of about $250-$350 as it's fairly nice....I am not an expert on these but that would be my guess. Paying the $20 to get it graded would probably add that or a little more value to it. Again, just my opinion...

scooter729
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Paying the $20 to get it graded would probably add that or a little more value to it. Again, just my opinion...

Aren't they more like $50-$60 to get the T-3's graded? Seems pretty high, but that was what I believe I was quoted last year as the standard price when I had a few to get graded. Mine remain unslabbed because of it.

collectbaseball
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I'd guess $200-$250. I keep an eye on T3s on eBay and pick up the low grade cheap ones. I don't know if grading would be worth it because of the marks on the upper right on the back -- because of those it would probably grade lower than it appears.

Leon
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
I forgot about these only fitting the really big holders. I was thinking the mid size holder. Fifty or so dollars might be correct and if that much then it won't add that much value. I would leave it raw. It is nice compared to some 20's-40's I have seen so my valuation is probably still close. I took the liberty of checking many past sales through VCP too. regards

drdduet
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
My SWAG is between $250 & $300--as is. Great looking card with honest wear.

ethicsprof
04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
great to see you around, Doc Darren ole buddy.

i'd think around 300 since the Turkey Red adv. on back is a good plus.
great front--too bad about the marks on back others have noted.

still a beauty.
best,
barry