PDA

View Full Version : Help with exhibit post card back

whiteymet
04-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi All:

I have been adding to my 1955 Exhibit Post Card set and just picked up one I'd like you all to see.

The photos shows the Ashburn and Kurowski I got. On the back of the Kurowski the Post Card "printing" is missing much of what should be there as well as being in an entirely different place than it should be when you compare it to the other photo.

Has anyone ever seen one like this? Any other back variations out there from this set? Any help/answers would be appreciated.

I am looking for graded or preferably ungraded cards in this set. Namely, Baker, Baumholtz, Bilko, Campanella, Doby, Hegan, Hodgers, Irvin, Kaline, Kluzewski, Maglie, Mathews, Mele, Minoso, Mitchell, Musial, Raschi, Reese, Roberts, Robinson, Sauer, Snider, Spahn, Woodling, Giants team. And have graded cards of Stephens and Schmitz available for trade.

Thanks, Fred

Rickyy
04-17-2011, 12:49 AM
This is interesting it's almost like a factory misprint... the other version is just like the regular post card back except for the word :"A Mutoscope card" in the middle...

Exhibitman
04-19-2011, 07:42 PM
The 'normal' split backs can have the Mutoscope or not. The other one looks like a regular card converted into a PC with the banner stamped into it. Notice how fuzzy it looks compared to the other one, which is a pretty good indicator of a stamped rather than printed item. I have a number of 'converted' cards...

ls7plus
04-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Fred, are you interested in selling the graded Vern Stephens? If so, send me a pm on the grade and price.

Larry

whiteymet
05-28-2011, 08:44 AM
How dumb am I??? I just realized that the Kurowski I showed above with the postcard back variation is not even in the 1955 Exhibit Postcard back set!! So, what does that mean in the scope of things?