PDA

View Full Version : Anger at work, how to deal with it...

mintacular
04-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Hope this doesn't bring up negative emotions but what are some things that help you deal with feeling angry at work, namely with stupid co-workers and/or supervisors...Looking for good answers to this, not "Take a walk" or "meditate"

D. Broughman
04-16-2011, 01:09 PM
The best one I have ever heard was when the supervisor was chewing out a worker when he was done the worker said to him "I'm sorry you don't like it here but I am going to stay" and then he walk away and got back to work.

GoldenAge50s
04-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Look on the bright side Minty--if they are stupid it should be easy to work hard, impress the higher-ups & get their positions.

mark evans
04-17-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't think there's one single answer to this question. But, in general, I would take steps to minimize stress and, if the problem looks to be long-term, start looking for another position.

alanu
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Kill them with kindness.

dstraate
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Hit a heavy bag at the gym.

Seriously.

Leon
04-18-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't think I have an answer but all I can say are 2 things....and they seem to always work.

1. Always take the high road. It's the best one.
2. Don't argue with supervisors. You never win even if you think you do.

Just take my words on those 2 things. They are true and good advice.
regards

ps....I want to add that I haven't always followed my own rules but have learned over time. :)

t210
04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
I deal with stupid and angry people all the time. I usually start the morning by hitting the vaporizer (smoking some weed). That always helps. More people need to learn to relax and be nice, and don't take everything so seriously. It's bad for your heart. Some people are not happy in the personal life and take that bottled up anger and frustration with them to work. Difficult people are easy to deal with if your in the right frame of mind. Happiness is a choice, if the work place is filled with too much stress and negativity, and it's too much for you to deal with, you can always leave. Good luck.

tiger8mush
04-20-2011, 11:23 AM
I usually start the morning by hitting the vaporizer (smoking some weed). That always helps.

A fitting thing to say on 4/20 ;)

More people need to learn to relax and be nice, and don't take everything so seriously. It's bad for your heart.

the weed? or stress? :D

dstraate
04-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Based on the post, I'm assuming the stress.

I bet his blood pressure is plenty low.:p

toledo_mudhen
04-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Yep Kill em with Kindness (cuz in the end - you still get to kill em):o