PDA

View Full Version : Cooperstown

margoaepi
04-15-2011, 08:39 AM
I am heading to Cooperstown this weekend with my dad and am wondering if there are any stores up there that are especially worth checking out (read: not filled with junk and not crazily overprived). Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kawika
04-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I visited Cooperstown in 2007. Best as I could tell there was just one shop that wasn't a clone of all the other places selling modern manufactured memorabilia. It was called "National Pastime" and, to the best of my knowledge, it has since closed down. The store was big as a barn and choked to the rafters with old baseball stuff, all very over-priced but still a gas to rummage through. As for whether there are places extant worth checking out, I don't know. Some of the others will have to chime in.

Haven't posted this picture of NP's window in a while.
http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/baseballtravels/museumexhibits/websize/DSC05213.JPG

old13man
04-15-2011, 12:40 PM
I have been there numerous times and anything worth having is insanely overpriced!

bcbgcbrcb
04-15-2011, 06:45 PM
John:

I believe that National Pasttime has closed down as of a couple of years ago. You are correct though, it was by far the best store there.

Kawika
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM
John?! Hey, I'm starting to like this anonymity thing. It really works!

Bicem
04-15-2011, 07:08 PM
John:

I believe that National Pasttime has closed down as of a couple of years ago. You are correct though, it was by far the best store there.

John? I believe you meant Mr. Titus.

margoaepi
04-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys. Had an amazing time with my dad at the Hall, but as expected, the shopping left A Lot to be desired. I did find a Hughie Jennings P2 for a very reasonable price, but other than that, I bought nothing.