PDA

View Full Version : Oaks, PA Show - April 15-17

bcbgcbrcb
04-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I will be going on Friday only and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up before the show (maybe around noontime) and grab a burger or something for lunch? Show hours Frday are 2:00pm - 8:00pm

DanP
04-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I will be going on Friday only and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up before the show (maybe around noontime) and grab a burger or something for lunch? Show hours Frday are 2:00pm - 8:00pm

Phil, I'll be there but probably not that early on Friday. I'm driving from CT. PM me your cell#, If I get there early enough I'll call you.

MikeGarcia
04-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Will anyone from this forum be part of the show ?

bbcard1
04-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I am going to set up...my first show in 15 years or so.

I have talked to Leon and Ted Z, both of whom are going to be there.

Here's the dealer lineup (http://www.csashows.com/Dealer_Info/Dealer_Page_Oaks.htm), which for my money is as good as any.

Full disclosure, I am a friend of Marco's. More full disclosure, I think this could be the best new show to come along in quite some time. I am assured there will be 400 tables there, many of which will have nothing shiny on them.

Jewish-collector
04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Phil,

Normally, I'd be in the area at that time on a Friday to meet you or anyone for lunch, but, unfortunately, I can't make this show. I'll see you at the National, though. Enjoy the show.

Alan

Hankphenom
04-10-2011, 06:52 PM
As mentioned in another context (!), I'll be there with Kevin Keating at booths 509, 511, & 513. I'll have a box of great vintage type I photos and several cases of other memorabilia including a few publications and postcards, but no cards to speak of. I'll also be selling the "Glory of Their Times" CD sets as well as my biography of Walter Johnson. Kevin will, as usual, have the most amazing assortment of vintage autographed material. I've done all of Marco's Chantilly shows since the '90s, and he runs a great show. This will outdo them all, I think.
Hank Thomas

bbcard1
04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Big endorsement of Glory of their times CD set.

JamesGallo
04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I will be set up at booth 323.

Looking forward to this show as it seems to have some energy around it like the old time shows.

James G

timn1
04-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Mike Peich and I will be there Friday and probably Saturday -- look forward to seeing some of you guys there--

Tim

RobertGT
04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I will be setting up in booths 704 and 706 along with my buddy, Luke Gerger. We will have a huge selection of unpicked mid to high-grade vintage singles, catering to set builders. Also will be bringing lots of unopened packs and some oddball stuff. This is the first show I've done in 5+ years, and like some of the earlier posters, I get a sense that this show has a real energy about it. Really looking forward to it in a few days.

Stop by and say hi to a fellow Net54 member!

Rob Gentieu

kcohen
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I will be set up at a corner booth #421. Hope you all willl stop by. Those of you I have not met, please introduce yourselves.

Ken Cohen

PS - Here is a link to the floorplan of the show in case you haven't noticed it.

http://www.csashows.com/OaksShow_Info/collectorsshowcaseOaksModel(final).pdf

DanP
04-13-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm sure Ted Z will be giving some great deals now!

Speaking of Oaks Dealers, each Oaks show, and starting this April, we will be giving one free booth to a local dealer. Congratulations to Ted Zanidakis, the first recipient! Please click here to read a little bit about Ted. And be sure to stop by and see him at Booth 420 at Oaks!

Congratulations Ted!

Leon
04-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Brockelman and Luckey Auctions will be setting up at table 214. I will be accepting consignments for our next auction, have some of my personal collection on display with some very nice vintage cards for sale and hope to have just an overall great time. I will probably be about 2 hours late on Friday but will set up when I get there. My plane doesn't arrive until 2pm. I hope everyone will come introduce themselves and chat for a while. Look forward to seeing everyone there!! best regards

Frank A
04-13-2011, 07:01 PM
How do the states work this when you go in to do a show? Do they have a signup for a state sales tax #? Does the state hassle you when you set up? Thanks, Frank

ls7plus
04-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Best of luck in your sales to all of you setting up at the show. Wish I could be there to meet some of you guys and speak in person--maybe at the National.

Regards,

Larry

chris
04-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey Guys - I just got to Philly and settled into the room after a 11 hour drive. I am really looking forward to the show. Ted, congrats on the free table. Myself and my wife Kristin, always enjoy talking with you. Everyone please stop by my table, its nice to put a face to the name. We are at table #514. Safe travels to all. I'm looking forward to an eventful baseball card weekend!!

See ya soon,

Chris and Kristin :)
bucklercards.com

VintageBall
04-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi all,

Is anybody going from NYC and seeking a car-mate to pony up for gas money?

I was looking at taking the train down on Friday and it seems quite complicated.

Robert S

danski496
04-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday, will try to stop by and introduce myself to each of you setting up. Thanks
Dan

Buythatcard
04-13-2012, 05:45 AM
I'll be there Saturday & Sunday as a customer. Always looking for cards to build up my inventory.

Would love to meet some of the forum members that are setting up tables.

I especially love dealing with dealers who accept Paypal.

ashburnalley
04-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Im a little confused, isnt the Oaks show on the 27th, 28th and 29th? This thread says the 15-17th. Are there 2 shows?

x2drich2000
04-13-2012, 07:31 AM
This thread was originally started last year. This year the show is the 27th-29th

dj

bbcard1
04-13-2012, 07:33 AM
I think someone inadvertently resurrected an old thread. Mods, you might want to take care of this. The Oaks show is indeed at the end of the month.

ashburnalley
04-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Ooops, my bad. Should have looked at the fine print of the posting dates...Thanks for the quick replies!