PDA

View Full Version : AAGPBL baseball

sicollector1954
04-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I am hoping someone can give me an idea of what this baseball might be worth. It was found at a local Antique Mall near Rockford, IL where I live and since I have several Rockford Peaches signed items, was also happy to also add this to my All American Girls Professional Baseball League collection. This is only the second "game used" baseball from the league I have seen...the other was unsigned in a 2007 Hunt auction and with a Ft. Wayne Daisies mini bat--both sold for $1600.00 including the BP. Also, in addition to the 16 women who signed this baseball, HOF Dave Bancroft also signed it as well as he was the Field Manager for the Battle Creek Belles during the 1951 season and is listed as so in the program which I got as well. This team only lasted two season and finished in last place both years so the players who signed the ball are probably not valuable signatures...however, given it is a game ball and also signed by Bancroft...I think it still was a great find.

Thanks for any help in determining what you think the value might be on it. Anyone else have any AAGPBL items they would want to share?

tjh
01-01-2018, 09:29 PM
That's a fantastic ball! Do you still have it in your collection? Love to see any other aagpbl items you might have

UnVme7
01-01-2018, 09:33 PM
I have a ball signed by a few, including Dottie, if you are interested.