PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Corner Mention on Autographalert.com

sports-rings
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
What a strange hobby this is.

autographalert.com has a new story today about someone banned from future Coach's Corners auctions. Even though autographalert.com claims they deal with fraud in our hobby, their article did not deal with any of the issues constantly brought up here regarding Coach's Corner. Instead they focused the story on slamming the individual who was banned.

if there was any creditbility or objectivity at autographalert.com they would go after the real crooks in our hobby.

Other than the great story about JSA failing real autographs because of the Morales COA's, autographalert.com has become impossible to take seriously.

keithsky
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I have emailed autographalert a few times the past couple years why they don't post anything about Coach's Corner and go after them and they always have a reason not. I was begining to think they are friends with those guys. Never once have I seen anything negative about C.C or even posted. Always about PSA or JSA or some of the guys they don't like.

Vintagedegu
03-28-2011, 07:50 PM
-

slidekellyslide
03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
I fear that this may prompt a lot of people outside this forum (where they may tend to be less informed) to reject legitimate PSA/JSA/auction house criticism out of hand. 'Aw, that's just autographalert crap.'

I got the feeling a few weeks ago when Rich Klein posted the dirt on the guy who runs that site that anything coming from it is to be taken with a grain of salt. The fact that he won't criticize CC though really makes me think they're working together.

FUBAR
03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
autographalert.com has been forensically examined and certified as an authentic website by Chris Morales!

BTW... what does a guy have to do to get banned from Coach's Corner?. would be ironic if it was fraud. I think a fraudulent bid on a fraudulent item should be allowed! Funny those with no Morals (or in this case Morales) pulls the morals card!

Ringking
03-29-2011, 08:34 AM
There are reason's for what was done, and Dennis know's why that was posted.

This guy is on every blog site talking bad about websites and auctions and yet he buys from them?

If they are so bad, why admit to buying from them on a reg basis?

ALSO, new blog site is up, to talk about all things autographed related and sports related, i hope everybody joins:

http://www.autographnewslive.com

Big Dave
03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
This is a first for me. I have never heard anyone being banned from CC except for non-payment.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Mr. Zipper
03-30-2011, 05:52 AM
I got the feeling a few weeks ago when Rich Klein posted the dirt on the guy who runs that site that anything coming from it is to be taken with a grain of salt. The fact that he won't criticize CC though really makes me think they're working together.

You think it's any coincidence that Donald Frangipani's site links to it?
http://www.frangipaniforensics.com/

While some of the information presented may be true, it's all one sided. It's pretty clear that it's a hit and a smear site run by someone with an axe to grind. I was surprised to see some of the members here who appear to be sophisticated collectors taking that site as a legitimate source of objective information.

Steve Zarelli

Mr. Zipper
03-30-2011, 05:59 AM
There are reason's for what was done, and Dennis know's why that was posted.

This guy is on every blog site talking bad about websites and auctions and yet he buys from them?

If they are so bad, why admit to buying from them on a reg basis?

ALSO, new blog site is up, to talk about all things autographed related and sports related, i hope everybody joins:

http://www.autographnewslive.com

Is the name intentionally similar to the Autograph Magazine Live site?

I see an array of posts critical of PSA, JSA and John Rezinikoff. I presume it won't be long before the UACC and Steve Cyrkin is the topic of conversation?

:rolleyes:

Steve Zarelli

slidekellyslide
03-30-2011, 07:58 AM
I was surprised to see some of the members here who appear to be sophisticated collectors taking that site as a legitimate source of objective information.

Steve Zarelli

To be fair to us "sophisticated" collectors there are very few of us who are dedicated autograph collectors...most of us specialize in something else, but also have autographs in our collection too, so please forgive our ignorance on the subject of which website is objective and which isn't as most of us aren't following them day to day.