PDA

View Full Version : Must have been an Antique shop day

Pup6913
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Here is an hrs worth of digging through a photo bin. 3 PC's, 1 photo of the players somewhere else, a nice football cabinet, and some old b-ball pics. The basketball ones remind me of OJ's. Even have a variation:rolleyes:. Then a set of pics from the late 40's from a jailhouse team and a negative to go with it.

Leon
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I went to a small postcard show, in Richardson TX, with Rich Klein yesterday. I love going to those shows. It's always great to be the youngest guy in the room (or person for that matter...that there were a few grandkids in attendance).
True and sad story- I asked one of the dealers, who was probably near 90 yrs old, why it was a bit lighter dealer attendance than the few I had been to before. He told me the guy that took some of the middle tables passed away a few days before the show. I didn't need to ask from what.....at some point we all must pass away.....

but on a lighter note...this top postcard has guys on it who probably don't care much about mortality. (It hasn't had anything erased on it either)..then an ornate baseball generic card and finally...it's not every day you see youngsters on a postcard, in a big wrestling pile trying to pull a canvas!! How many canvas-pull postcards can be out there? I bet I am the only guy in Lucas TX with one.......just thought it was neat so why not?

Brian Van Horn
03-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Well, not much from antique shops, but here goes including a picture of my braintrust stepping up to the plate: