PDA

View Full Version : Net54baseball was down for a while......

Leon
03-26-2011, 11:52 AM
As ya'll know one of my biggest pet peeves with any website is slowness or down time. We obviously just had some down time this morning and here is the response from the hosting company-

"Hi Leon,
This should be fixed now. Can you confirm your forum is all working correctly?

Apologises for the prolonged downtime. Our monitoring system didn't pick it up, this has now been rectified.

Thanks
Tim"

Understanding we are back up I am still inquiring what I can do to help prevent this from happening and what our current bandwidth is? I always plan on having more than we need..I am also aware of some slight performance issues on the site and am watching them closely also. Sorry for us being down for a while and any inconvenience it might have caused ....

Mollys Dad
03-26-2011, 12:04 PM
I was starting to get the DT's. Don't do that to me.

Leon
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
I know we were just down again for a few minutes again. I am going to find out what our hosting company's excuse is this time. I understand it's frustrating. My apologies.

"I am giving her all she's got Cap'n".

Kawika
03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
It's those pesky Egyptians in the chat room I'll betcha.

slidekellyslide
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I looked at the cached copy of the website while we were down and the BST was missing completely...not sure what that means, but it was weird.

Rob D.
03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
I looked at the cached copy of the website while we were down and the BST was missing completely...not sure what that means, but it was weird.

Is it possible the B/S/T exceeded its capacity of cards that were shamefully undergraded by a TPG, so it just shut down?

slidekellyslide
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Is it possible the B/S/T exceeded its capacity of cards that were shamefully undergraded by a TPG, so it just shut down?

I probably broke it when I apparently underpriced this item..

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=134962

Leon
03-31-2011, 06:29 PM

This Just in from the hosting company-

"the system freaked out when a card in the new pickup thread didn't hit the BST within 48 hours."

batsballsbases
03-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Leon,
nice to see all is back up and running! Damn banner guys tell them to pay their bills a little faster and this wouldnt happen!:D:D:eek::eek:;););)

Leon
04-01-2011, 01:26 PM
The real reason for the short outage, as told to me:

"Hi Leon,
Sorry, we are trying to upgrade the vbulletin server but hit an unexpected snag last night. We are going to use an alternative server for the time being.
Sorry for inconvenience caused last night.
Thanks
Tim