PDA

View Full Version : M101-4/5 Sporting News - misprints?

Leon
03-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Just wondering how many other misprinted backs might be out there in our members' hands? I picked up this neat misprint recently. Any other misprints with any of the backs, would love to see them......(the front is nicely centered)

nolemmings
03-25-2011, 03:00 PM
That looks like the Fred Williams card that was part of the recent Legendary lot of M101 Phillies (ironic in that it was the only card in the lot that was not a Phillie). I was underbidder or maybe third.

That is the only miscut m101-4 back that I recall, although you had a miscut front in one of your recent B&L auctions. There are the occasional upside-down Standard Biscuits and reversed F&B, Block & Kuhls and Herpolsheimers, but for the most part quality control on these seemed pretty tight.

Nice card.

Brian Van Horn
03-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I just checked the scans of the 29 Sporting News ad backs and the backs of the 157 ad backs I have from the set. Not one has an error anywhere near Leon's. There might be one or two slightly above or below dead center.

Leon
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, this was that lot Todd......I have rarely seen so many Block and Kuhls for sale at once. Was glad to pick up the lot and happy to add this miscut to my collection.

Brian- thanks for checking your cards....much appreciated. I too can't recall another M101-4/5 with as much of a miscut as this one (from what I have seen).

Brian Van Horn
03-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Leon,

I have a Famous and Barr of Veach coming in that is remarkably off center to the upper right on the front, but centered on the back. I will post it when I get it. It was on eBay.

Brian Van Horn
04-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Per my last post, here is the off-center Veach: