PDA

View Full Version : Norris Mauritson- RIP

Leon
03-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I just got this email- I took out Jan's last name for privacy.....My condolences to his family and friends.

"hi, my name is jan b, i am a very dear friend of norris mauritson. i wanted to contact you to tell you that norris passed away yesterday, i found him.
norris shared with me late last year the horrible accusations people were making about him on your website, he was very saddened and upset over it all. i have known him for 15 years and he was not a thief and was very proud and fond of his baseball collections and his other colletables, it was his entire life since he was a young boy. he shared details and showed me thru the years his very valuable cards, i knew of his entire collection and all he had. . he was a honest man and selling and collecting was his world.

so i decided i wanted to respond and write this to you to share my side of norris and to let you know of his sudden passing yesterday.

jan b."

ethicsprof
03-25-2011, 12:34 PM
very,very sad.
my deepest condolences to family and friends.
barry

oldjudge
03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Horrible news. I have known Norris for 15 years. He was a character, but always a lot of fun. RIP my friend.

kkkkandp
03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
I had known Norris since 1999. At one point we were very close, but we had a falling out over.....a baseball card. Go figure.

To say the least, he was a character, but he certainly was passionate about collecting, especially baseball cards, comics and Superman memorabilia.

His unexpected passing at age 57 (I think) is quite sobering.

familytoad
03-25-2011, 07:36 PM
I bought a lot of my T205s from Norris, in the wayback years of 98-99 or so.
Best described as a "character" surely...it is sad that he passed so young.:(

Condolences to his family.

autograf
03-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Dittos on the character designator but I also never had serious problems with him. Just a misunderstanding or two....RIP

gfgcom
03-25-2011, 08:53 PM
I knew Norris quite a few years back, when I first started picking up old judge cards.
We often had playful arguments over card values, and traded a little.
I had not had any dealings with him in years but oddly enough, I was just asking a friend of mine about him just the other day.

It always seemed like he was an older guy, I am surprised to hear he was so young. 57 seems a bit too early

RIP

Dave

Leon
03-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Norris seemed to have a lot of friends. I will relay some warm feelings from the friend of his that sent the notice originally. She doesn't know I am posting this but I think it's nice ...

"hi leon, i see that you posted my email to notify others, thank you, i know alot of others in the trading world knew and were friends with norris, they still havent determined his exact cause of his passing. norris was full of life and cherished his collections, it was his passion in his life and he was a proud man of what he had accomplished in his collecting. he proudly had so much displayed at his home and every time i went to visit he would show me his latest purchases and i enjoyed so much him telling me the history of the items. it was his entire world.

again, leon thank you for sharing with others, he was a good man, a great friend to many and will be dearly missed"

J

bh3443
03-28-2011, 08:16 AM
It's sad to see another collector pass on. God Bless him, his family and friends.
Bill Hedin