PDA

View Full Version : Names in posts?

Leon
03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Guys, this is going to get really tiresome and I am sure to piss some folks off....as I have recently. If you are going to be in any kind of thread that has debates about anything you really need to have your full name in the post or the thread. So, if you say something like "no, I think you are wrong...blah blah blah" then your name needs to be there. I think ya'll get it but there are several every day participants that are not doing it. Check out your posts and if if you are arguing, debating, saying anything is not good etc.....then please put your full name in your post. Questions?

Big Six
03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Wouldn't it be easier on you if member names just defaulted under their avatar...ie

BigSix
Matt McCarthy

and make it so no one can tamper with it? Seems a waste of your time...but thanks for all your efforts...this is a great place to learn...Matt

slidekellyslide
03-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't it be easier on you if member names just defaulted under their avatar...ie

BigSix
Matt McCarthy

and make it so no one can tamper with it? Seems a waste of your time...but thanks for all your efforts...this is a great place to learn...Matt

Matt, there are many member who do not participate in controversial subjects, but who enjoy adding their knowledge about cards and memorabilia who for whatever reason wish to remain anonymous...Net54 would lose a lot of great contributors if we did that.

Leon
03-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Matt, there are many member who do not participate in controversial subjects, but who enjoy adding their knowledge about cards and memorabilia who for whatever reason wish to remain anonymous...Net54 would lose a lot of great contributors if we did that.

I think very soon we will have to revert to having their name in that "member" field as it's the only one I am aware of that a member can't change. That would ONLY be for folks that continually don't follow the rules. Heck, there are several every day posters I don't want to lose and it would make it so much easier if they just put their names in their sig lines. Otherwise, I completely agree with Dan, we will never make it mandatory on the whole board, to put names in posts, as some folks really just want to talk cards/memorabilia, don't want their names on the board and can stay away from the controversial threads. I have to say it is very taxing to continually deal with this. regards

sports-rings
03-25-2011, 04:50 AM
Leon,

I had asked in a different topic why I had to include my name. Now after reading your post, I understand your reasoning.

thanks for all the hard work you do.

Leon
03-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Leon,

I had asked in a different topic why I had to include my name. Now after reading your post, I understand your reasoning.

thanks for all the hard work you do.

Thanks so much Michael. As difficult as it is running herd over the name issue I feel it's the right way to have a chat board and have as much legitimacy as possible. I have been on, and seen others, that don't require it and it becomes a major train wreck with who knows what going on. When people don't have to be held accountable for what they say they have a tendency to say things they shouldn't. This board is extremely open for saying what you want to but you have to put your name by it. I have run a few very good board members off lately and it really sucks but the policy will continue. IF people don't like it then they can leave or not post.