PDA

View Full Version : OT 1916 Cincinnati Photo

D. Broughman
03-24-2011, 09:15 AM
I've showen this photo on the memoribila side but thought I would show it to you card collectors. The writing on the side of the photo is backwards and hard to read. I think it says 1916 Cincinnati. The Window is typed on the back. Anyone have an idea when and where this was taken? Thanks D.:confused:

baseballart
03-24-2011, 09:22 AM
You can reverse the image in photoshop and then it will not read backwards. If you don't have photoshop or a similar program, you can email me a high resolution photo (weder @ shaw.ca) and I'll see if it helps.

Max Weder

(whose name backwards is "re-do exam")

D. Broughman
03-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks Max but the writing is so bad I can't make out anymore then I have.

ElCabron
03-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Here ya go:

Tom S.
03-24-2011, 10:28 AM
To me, it looks like it says - "Cincinnati, at 5th ______e(or l) , 1916."

Google maps shows the cross-streets for W. 5th St. in downtown Cincinnati to be (from west to east): Central Ave., Elm St., Race St., Vine St., Walnut St., Main St., Sycamore St., and Broadway St.

So I would guess that could narrow it down to either Central, Race, Vine, or Sycamore Streets.

Hope that this helps!

smokelessjoe
03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I am not much help but,

This is a known photo... It has been shown here on 54 before. I cannot find it though? May have been is a "Show your store fronts" thread or something like that? I remember several comments were made about the picture?