PDA

View Full Version : Chris Morales/Nicholas On Ebay's Banned COA List

thetruthisoutthere
03-23-2011, 05:55 AM
I want everyone to know that any COA issued by Chris Morales and Nicholas Burczyk is now officially listed and embedded on Ebay's website. Below is the link.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/autographs.html

DaveH
03-23-2011, 06:03 AM
It's about time. Maybe now Morales will stop certifying forgeries.

dh

GrayGhost
03-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Great move by the bay!

thetruthisoutthere
03-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Great move by the bay!

I agree!!! Great move by Ebay!!! It was a long-time coming but it has arrived.

GrayGhost
03-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Sadly tho Chris, as you know by your vids, ebay does not filter out forgeries. So, Joe forgelicious will keep putting up fake Lebron, Favre and the like too, and there'll still be plenty of fake Vintage stuff too.

But, this is a great step, and w SCAT and hopefully soon TTA and Morales ont he banned list, then at least this glut of crap will be off there.

Fuddjcal
03-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Sadly tho Chris, as you know by your vids, ebay does not filter out forgeries. So, Joe forgelicious will keep putting up fake Lebron, Favre and the like too, and there'll still be plenty of fake Vintage stuff too.

But, this is a great step, and w SCAT and hopefully soon TTA and Morales ont he banned list, then at least this glut of crap will be off there.

This is great news...also added to the list was TTA (Formally STAT Unauthentic). Thanks Truth for getting me worked up enough to speak out about all the horrible forgeries on E-bay. I think you had a huge hand in this. 4 years of popping off had to to have some kind of impact? Great job, keep up the fight, FUDD

edtiques
03-23-2011, 10:02 AM
There was a ton of "authenticated" items by Morales and Burczyk on eBay.It's good to hear they're banning his stuff.Thanks for the update.
I also thought Online Authentics was approved on eBay,but I guess they aren't any more.

Here's eBay's list of accepted authenticators:

Global Authentics LLC

James Spence Authentication

PSA/DNA

Here's a link to the COA section of eBay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/autographs.html

RichardSimon
03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Online Authentics had good guys working for them but they might have gone out of business.

danc
03-23-2011, 12:43 PM
But yet Global remains....

DanC

novakjr
03-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Sadly, people work their way around it in the listing, and simply claim that their items "will come with a COA from a professional authenticator", and leave it at that. Ebay won't be able to remove an item simply due to the vague/generic description.

I believe according the ebay rules, it's not against their rules to sell items that have been authenticated by these people, it's only items that will specifically be listed as coming with COA's from these people that will be removed. I, would personally, never buy an item listed as vaguely as that, unless I was super confident in the item's authenticity. But there are probably a lot of people who may assume that just because an item is on ebay, that it hasn't been authenticated by one of the clowns...

Ebay should force all items to be listed as "With" or "without" COA and if "With" is chosen, the name of any or all authenticators "must" be indentified from an automated ebay list. That way they can still utilize and enforce their banned list, without leaving any loopholes. Other than simply listing it as without.

danc
03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
David,

You are correct to a certain degree, but there are people that eBay utilizes to watch over the site to have items removed. If there is a "bogus" Gehrig which comes with an LOA from an "authenticator" which isn't mentioned, pretty much someone who finds fault with that piece can report it to the correct channels (you ever notice how bad autographs mentioned here, go poof!?) and the item will be removed, and the owner will be notified that the piece has authenticity issues.

The only problem is that the rules in place allow a lot to go through, and the process is flawed.

There was a signed #500 club home run (complete) item up a year ago on eBay that was authenticated by "a famously pathetic and crooked forensic" and the item looked like it was signed five minutes ago, all in the same marker. So he had it up at $999. It was removed. The seller than threw it up for $499. REMOVED. The seller removed the name of the authenticator and put it up for $99. REMOVED. Then $.99 with a one-day auction.

I think eBay's policies are stronger as far as disallowing this to happen now, but it just shows you an example of how someone can manipulate and bypass the current rules in place and do their darndest to get away with something they know to be as "crooked" as the seller obviously knew as he went from $999 to $.99, one-day auction.

DanC

novakjr
03-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm almost wondering if ebay should put a filter on a sellers ability to list items similar in description to ones that have already been removed. Maybe if a seller gets a fake signed ball or counterfeit card removed, the filter would focus on a list of keywords, that would automatically dis-allow any future listing of any items if (for example)3 keyword match. Also, any seller having had a certain number of questionable items removed, should be dis-allowed to utilize 1 or 3 day listings, to allow more time for any new or repeated fraudulent listings to be discovered and reported.

thetruthisoutthere
03-23-2011, 01:55 PM
This is great news...also added to the list was TTA (Formally STAT Unauthentic). Thanks Truth for getting me worked up enough to speak out about all the horrible forgeries on E-bay. I think you had a huge hand in this. 4 years of popping off had to to have some kind of impact? Great job, keep up the fight, FUDD

Thank you, Chuck. Just trying to do my part.