PDA

View Full Version : Hauls of Shame announces: Authentic item in CCSA!

danc
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
I found this issue of HaulsofShame.org interesting. No, not because of the Nash v. O'Keefe/Lifson debacle of words, but because of the following headline: Coach’s Corner Has Real Item (from HOF).

It says: Coach’s Corner, notorious for offering bogus items in their auctions is offering a REAL item in their current sale. The problem is, the item, a letter written by Hall of Fame umpire Bill Klem, is a protested game letter that appears to have originated from the Baseball Hall of Fame’s August Herrmann Papers archive:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/217/bill-klem-hand-signedhand-written-letter.aspx

Authentic, but stolen and wanna bet this sells for more than a lot of items with this press? It's at $67.

Also, a Stump handwritten/signed Cobb letter in the last Weiss auction for those of you interested in a previous thread to compare.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/

DanC

sports-rings
03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
I wonder if this could be the big break the government needs to go in with a search warrant and see what's really going on with Coaches Corner.

it's probibly Wishful thinking. CC will probibly get out of this by claiming they had no idea their consigner provided a stolen item.

doug.goodman
03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
...is going to be the one to buy the Klem letter to give it back to the Hall?

I would prefer to not bid against a bunch of you guys,
Doug

timzcardz
03-17-2011, 05:54 AM
It may just be me, but I don't follow the logic to buy it and give it back to The Hall.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly would be is an honorable thing to do, but if they are not interested enough in pursuing its recovery with the FBI (and I assume that they would be), I certainly wouldn't lay out my $ to give it to them.

And if they are pursuing this with the FBI, then I have to trust that it is in capable hands.

David Atkatz
03-17-2011, 06:45 AM
IMHO, both the Ruth and the Gehrig cuts in Perez' card are good.

(Sometimes TPAs do get it right. ;) )