PDA

View Full Version : 1887 Kalamazoo N690 #26 grading eligable question...Help Im new to this

trueblues
03-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Can anyone help me out with some answers about the SGC grading requirments? Here is the question I have...I own an 1887 Kalamazoo N690 #26 Capt. IRWIN and MAUL. Phila card. The back of card has the advertisement for PRIZES if the cards are returned. My card, on the picture front, seems to have the back of the card advertisement imprinted on it. I dont know if it was printed in error that way and thats how it came or if another card was on top of my card and the print from the back of the top card came off on it, or maybe the card was returned for a prize and they stamped the card front to validate it? This card was my great grandfathers, and unfortunatly he passed before I was born so trying to find out how it happened, is impossible. My question is...is it worth sending to get SGC graded of does this make my card a rejected card and not worth grading? I have attached a front and back picture of the card (the imprint on the front of the card looks much darker in the picture then it actually is on the card) If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much

asphaltman
03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
They will grade it. It'll be a lower grade to begin with...but they will grade it with the imprint left on the front.

Doesn't sound like you're wanting to sell it (if you were it would be advisable to get graded anyway being it's a high dollar card), but even to just keep it in the family you'll be better off with the protection the slab around it will provide.

Nice card by the way.

JeremyW
03-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Just from the layout of the print on the front of the card you can tell that it is a transfer of the ink from the back of another card & not a redemption stamp. Very nice card & something I haven't seen on a N690 before.

trueblues
03-14-2011, 02:56 PM
I am glad that you answered my question about it being able to be graded. I am interested in selling it. How would I go about finding out what it is worth to sell?

asphaltman
03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
First thing I would do if you're interested in selling is get it graded.

Shoot me a message if you need help. I don't mind helping out. It's out of my league as far as buying...but once graded you can always go the route of an auction house (do your homework on them first), or try a private sale here on the board...you may be able to sell it a bit cheaper that way (since you're going to lose some fees to an auction house).

barrysloate
03-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I've never seen a Kalamazoo Bats like that either. While the ink transfer is certainly interesting, it is of course detrimental to the card. Very nice that it's been kept in the family for so long.