PDA

View Full Version : The CSA Show at Oaks- Airport/Hotel

Leon
03-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I think I asked this before but in (my) usual fashion didn't get a lot of response. I need to book my travel for the Oaks show in PA, today. What airport would be suggested to fly into and which hotel are most out-of-towners staying at? I don't care to go put in bids to get rooms or flights, I just want to book them. Any and all (legit :)) suggestions are appreciated.

glynparson
03-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Philadelphia is the closest airport. Allentown is not that far if it happened to be a lot cheaper.

Hotels:

Nearby Hotels Distance
Courtyard By Marriott Philadelphia… 1.9 Mi
Hampton Inn & Suites Valley Forge/Oaks 0.5 Mi
The Valley Forge Hampton Inn & Suites 0.5 Mi

Leon
03-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Philadelphia is the closest airport. Allentown is not that far if it happened to be a lot cheaper.

Hotels:

Nearby Hotels Distance

Thanks Glyn....that is most helpful. Heck, a half mile and I can shuttle myself over to the show :). I will wait a while and see if anyone chimes in about where they are staying, then "book it Dan'o!!"

JamesGallo
03-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I don't think either airport is really close. Basically whatever ariport you stayed at when you went to the King of Prussia/Philly show. It is about 15 minutes further up the road from that show so that should give you an idea. As far as hotels, I can't help you there, but again there are a ton around the king of Prussia area, but that would be a bit of a drive it seems and it looks like there are some much closer.

James G

Leon
03-15-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't think either airport is really close. Basically whatever ariport you stayed at when you went to the King of Prussia/Philly show. It is about 15 minutes further up the road from that show so that should give you an idea. As far as hotels, I can't help you there, but again there are a ton around the king of Prussia area, but that would be a bit of a drive it seems and it looks like there are some much closer.

James G

I booked a flight into PHL Airport.....still need to make a hotel reservation but either of the 2 that Glyn said are 1/2 mile away sounds fine...thanks for the follow up.

kcohen
03-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Leon,

Don't know if you've noticed but there are 3 hotels on the website (csashows.com) that have a block of rooms and a rate for show participants,

Look forward to seeing you there.

Ken

Leon
03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Leon,

Don't know if you've noticed but there are 3 hotels on the website (csashows.com) that have a block of rooms and a rate for show participants,

Look forward to seeing you there.

Ken

Hi Ken
I am going to pick one of those 3.....the 2 above that Glyn said are only about a half a mile away look to be the best. Darned airfare was expensive but I knew it would be :(. I look forward to seeing everyone there.....I will be the fat guy behind a table, looking sort of lost. At some place behind the booth there will be a B and L banner. Nothing fancy.....Maybe I will hire some scantily clad girls to draw attention?

Jewish-collector
03-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Leon,

Get those girls in the referees uniform that Memory Lane has at every National. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rob D.
03-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Very nice hotel:

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/PITWG/main.wnt

95 percent of the people who've stayed there have had a good experience.

wonkaticket
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Very nice hotel:

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/PITWG/main.wnt

95 percent of the people who've stayed there have had a good experience.

I think your about 34% off on that number Rob , start a survey. :)

Scott L.
03-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Hotels:

Nearby Hotels Distance

There's a Bob Evans Restaurant right next door to the Hampton Inn that you could walk to for food (pretty good breakfast). Also Oaks Italian Deli is about 100 yards from the Hampton. Good pizza and chicken parm's.

IMO that would be the vest hotel for out of town folks to stay at from a convenience factor. If you're renting a care it doesn't much matter. With no traffic it's about 40-45 minutes from the airport to Oaks. Easy drive, all highway.

I think I've mentioned before I work in Oaks right near the convention center. If I can help anyone with advice please feel free to reach out.

Best,

Scott