PDA

View Full Version : SGC Submission Question

joebrandon1977
03-12-2011, 06:39 PM
I signed up with SGC so I could submit a couple of crossovers, since they had a special for $6/card in March with <$250 value.

But when I log in to select the service level, I don't see this option available.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do when they advertise a special, but it is not available for selection in their drop down window?

Thanks!
Joe

joebrandon1977
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
O, one additional question.

* All specials begin March 1, 2011 and expire March 31, 2011. Specials do not include oversized cards, cabinets, or cards requiring custom-cut inserts.

I need the definition of "custom-cut inserts".

I am wanting to cross over some T206's - are those considered custom-cut inserts?

glynparson
03-12-2011, 06:49 PM
You can just print up an invoice than hand write the cards and the charge per card. Note on the invoice what special it is for. They will give you a call if they have a problem. its always best to put a minimum grade down on the invoice and also on a post it note affixed to the card for any crossovers.

joeadcock
03-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Joe

Like Glyn says, just hand write in SPECIAL MARCH and the type of special. Then do everything else as is requested. There should be no problem. I have done it like this many times.

Frank

spacktrack
03-12-2011, 07:21 PM
T206s wouldn't be considered custom cuts. They are standard sized cards for which SGC has a pre-cut insert. An example of a custom cut would be a round card, a diecut, a stamp, or some other odd sized or extra thin card for which an insert is not available.

joebrandon1977
03-12-2011, 07:28 PM
I filled out the form and left the grading tier blank, as I was going to print out and then hand write in the info as you guys suggested.

But as I hit the print button, it says the grading tier is a required field and will not print blank.

Should I just pick something randomly and then hand write in the March special?

spacktrack
03-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Just pick the Super Bowl special since the fees are the same and then hand write in the March special. You won't have to recalculate any fees and they'll enter it appropriately upon receipt.

joebrandon1977
03-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks Guys!

One last question....

I am submitting 2 cards for Crossover $6/Card with 10 Day Turn Around
I am submitting 10 cards for Grading $6/Card with 10-15 Day Turn Around.

Can I just pay FedEx for $18 for both of these invoices? Since the turn around times are similiar? Or do I have to pay $18*2=$36 for shipping as SGC will send the cards back in two different packages?

spacktrack
03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
You can put all 12 cards on the same invoice at $6 per card and pay just one shipping and insurance fee for the order. They'll process it at 10-15 days, and likely get it back to you on the early side of things.