PDA

View Full Version : OT-- but for a good cause!

bh3443
03-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Hi to all my dear friends on net54.
I'm hoping to get you all to join in on a fun project this Spring.
My Sister-in-lw is a pre-school teacher in the Asheville, NC area and has decided to ask her friends (myself and my huge network included) to send postcards from around the world to her room of 20 or so 3 and 4 year olds.
Anything relating to the wide open world to the mind of a 3 or 4 year old
is just great! Something about your area, a landmark, history, sports, etc..,
will help Miss Maggi share the World with her students.
I keep bragging how my net54 friends are the greatest in the world, so let us pull together and send Miss Maggi a bunch of postcards!
Thanks for your help, each and every one of you.
Here's the info:
Hi to all my Facebook friends! It's Spring(almost) and time for my annual postcard search, this tear with a twist: My sidster-in-law is a pre-school teacher in NC and I'm trying to get her class of 20-something 3 and 4 year olds age-appropriate cards from all over the world. I'm having fantastic success so far! I'm asking you all, near or far, to send her cless a postcard! Just mention Unvcle Bill and a few fun lines and add a stamp and we're in buiness! The info is:
Miss. Maggi
Classroom A
916 West Chapel Rd.
Asheville, NC 28803
Thank you all for helping and God Bless!
Bill Hedin

fkw
03-12-2011, 05:51 AM
So no topless hula dancers? :)

cool idea, I'll find a good lava/volcano PC to send.... in the 1910-20s tourists used to attach the postcard to a poll and touch the lava with it and burn a corner off before send it. There is even a postcard that pictures people doing this.
But we cant get that close now :( and the Lava flow is now dead as of Wed night...

aloha

Ladder7
03-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Who'll know, find a book of matches.

This is a wonderful idea. I'll send an old Mass pc.

gnaz01
03-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Great idea and cool. I'll find one with some Alligators on it and send it.

Bill Stone
03-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Wonderful idea --a fall scene from the Berkhires, Massachusetts is on its way.

ethicsprof
03-12-2011, 10:08 PM
i'm on it!!!
anything for my great friend, Uncle Bill.

best,
barry

VinTX
03-13-2011, 01:20 AM
well I live in AZ so I'm sure I can find one someplace of the grand canyon or meteor crater or something :)

Mollys Dad
03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Great idea Bill, I am an "Uncle Bill" also. I am in Kentucky and I think the kids would enjoy a postcard with some thoroughbreds on it. Kids love horses!