PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake/?Tsunami

joeadcock
03-11-2011, 04:20 AM
I am waking up to news of a huge earthquake in Japan. There is warning for US West Coast and Hawaii about a possible Tsunami hitting.

To all those potentially affected(or already affected), may they be safe including our Net 54 members who live in these areas. Also everyone that is affected by this. May God protect you.

Frank

bh3443
03-11-2011, 05:11 AM
Way you all be safe and out of harms way.
Al are in my prayers,
Bill Hedin

barrysloate
03-11-2011, 05:11 AM
It registered an 8.9 which would make it one of the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded. The initial casualty report was small so I assume it was not in a populated area.

TT40391
03-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Terrible news this morning. I don't know other board members besides David and Frank that are in Hawaii but my thoughts and prayers are with them, and all those affected by this.

Tony Turner

Ease
03-11-2011, 07:54 AM
It registered an 8.9 which would make it one of the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded. The initial casualty report was small so I assume it was not in a populated area.
Everywhere in Japan is highly populated. There are going to be a heckuvalotta deaths.:(

03-11-2011, 08:11 AM
May God protect the West Coast and Hawaii, and may He comfort and mend the people of Nihongo.

Psalm 42:7

barrysloate
03-11-2011, 08:45 AM
You're right Eric. I heard a report very early this morning but more information is of course coming in. Very sad and it will affect people all around the world.

tbob
03-11-2011, 09:36 AM
It seems like I read a post in which David said he was leaving Hawaii for the mainland (for good) so he may already be gone? If not, hunker down my friend and I hope you will be ok.

drc
03-11-2011, 10:23 AM
There were evacuations in Washington State near where I live. Though I'm unaffected as I don't live on the coast.

Cardboard Junkie
03-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Terrible news this morning. I don't know other board members besides David and Frank that are in Hawaii but my thoughts and prayers are with them, and all those affected by this.

Tony Turner
Aloha to all. Everything seems peacefull here on the big island. I'm at 500 ft elevation and 3 1/2 miles from the ocean. Frank is upcountry from me. I have felt some big tremblers and last p.m. at 11 we had a 4. quake. No injuries that I have heard of and very little surge. Our volcano continues to go off. My concern goes to those in Japan. Mahalo for yours, David.

ethicsprof
03-11-2011, 11:54 AM
my prayers do go out to everyone affected by this terror.
i grew up as a young boy in Tokyo and send my thoughts and prayers to
everyone there--- in this moment.
barry

pitchernut
03-11-2011, 01:24 PM
My heart goes out to the people affected by this earthquake and tsunami. as a small twist, living at about 15 ft above sea level it was kind of interesting to be woken up by the fire department around 4:30 am kindly informing us to "get the hell out". As it turned out all is well here at Coos Bay.. I don't know why but all I grabbed was clothes, food, camping gear and you guessed it my beloved cards:rolleyes:

Rickyy
03-12-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm still waiting to hear from my relatives. Most live near Tokyo so they should be okay. I do have one relative living an hour south of Sendai though. My hometown of Yokosuka is south of Tokyo..they had some damage and lots of shaking and also had tsunami evacuation order as its a port city. The US Navy is stationed there and they reported that the USS Carrier George Washington which is over 1000 feet long and over 40000 tons moved off the pier due to the waves. The water had receded 6 feet at the pier. And closer to my current home...Santa Cruz just over the mountain had some boats damaged by the tsunami and up north near the Oregon border in Crescent City the entire pier got wiped out...just like it did back in the 64 Alaskan quake.

FUBAR
03-14-2011, 02:57 AM
I have 4 friends in Japan and all are ok. I even have one on the forces base in yokosuka. Lots of rumbling, but no water where they were!

T205
03-14-2011, 04:57 AM
My family and I were visiting Tokyo DisneyLand when the Earthquake happened. We were about to get on a ride. I have never felt the ground move so violently as it did that day. We are from a city in the South of Japan. We got back late last night. I am very thankful that I am home safe.