PDA

View Full Version : Opinions: Autograph HOFers Being Offered On Net54 B/S/T

danc
03-10-2011, 11:35 AM
These are being offered on the Net54 B/S/T thread by the "Chief Bender T206 guy". All of these were "obtained in person", 100% authentic and will be sent to JSA.

So what do you guys think?

DanC

cdonne
03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/popcorn.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

margoaepi
03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I am far from an expert, but they look bad to me. The Speaker, the Mack (or is that Connie Wack?) and the Wagner look especially bad.

prewarsports
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
I would venture to say they are all not authentic. Some look to be in the same hand and others are not even close. Even the common guys on the team sheets like Bing Miller dont look good (not just talking about the Hall of Famers).

chaddurbin
03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
seller claims to not have money to send these in to JSA (but enough to buy a lot of first-class HOF sigs). he should try to work out a deal with richard on the board to look them over. probably cheaper than the TPGs and put the doubts to rest one way or another.

the t206 bender debacle hasn't even been resolved and he's peddling these already :rolleyes:

tinkereversandme
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
As a book collector, don't these look like blank pages torn from old books? Has typical mold spotting as well. He could also get a PSA/DNA quick opinion for like $7 per.

The seller does list among his references as proof that these are good by listing other Message Boards and Forums from the B-S-T, so what is not to believe here.:rolleyes:

Larry

gashouse34
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I would venture to say they are all not authentic. Some look to be in the same hand and others are not even close. Even the common guys on the team sheets like Bing Miller dont look good (not just talking about the Hall of Famers).

Totally agree...slowly drawn and when one looks bad I stay away imho

novakjr
03-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I honestly didn't spend all that much time looking at 'em, but all of the black pen signatures appear to have been written by the same person. Same for the sheet with all the pencil sigs. I'll have to agree with some of the other comments, I'm pretty sure none of 'em are real. From a quick glance the Maris is the only one I'd give a second thought to, but given the complete and total crap that it's being sold with, I'd say it would be a safe guess that it's fake as well, and not even deserving of a closer look.

blackmamba
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I am the seller/trader on these items.

So you think are actually fake? I might do that psa/dna quick opinion as another member stated. I will send a couple of them out as well.

As of the chief bender it is on its way back from bgs. It has been slabbed. So no more hearing about it is a fake. Apparently everyone was an expert that it was fake. ;)

Thanks, Brandon

novakjr
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
I am the seller/trader on these items.

So you think are actually fake? I might do that psa/dna quick opinion as another member stated. I will send a couple of them out as well.

As of the chief bender it is on its way back from bgs. It has been slabbed. So no more hearing about it is a fake. Apparently everyone was an expert that it was fake. ;)

Thanks, Brandon

I don't believe anyone flat out said that the Bender was fake. Everyone had their reservations regarding the non-existent LOA. Now these on the other hand ARE fake...

Vintagedegu
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
-

prewarsports
03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I never saw the Bender in question, but it must have come from a different source as these that are currently being offered.

thetruthisoutthere
03-10-2011, 06:02 PM
OMG!!! That Cobb and Young were definitely penned by the same person. Whoever penned that stuff must have suffered from hand cramps when they were finished. Probably took them 20 minutes just to do the Cobb.

novakjr
03-10-2011, 06:13 PM
OMG!!! That Cobb and Young were definitely penned by the same person. Whoever penned that stuff must have suffered from hand cramps when they were finished. Probably took them 20 minutes just to do the Cobb.

Those two are so ridiculously obvious that I couldn't help but laugh. Also as far as the bottom photo, the loop on the L in Cuyler and the loop on the d in the Ted Lyons are almost identical in structure.

RichardSimon
03-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Geez, guys, I just ate my Cheerios and then I have to look at these??
Gimme a break :).

Bridwell
03-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I've seen many examples of some of those pre-war guys. I would not recommend any in those photos.

tinkereversandme
03-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I would like to see the Bender with the new authentication.

If you could post here or in the bucket picture service, would appreciate it.

Where did you get these autographs that you have posted here?

Regards,

Larry