PDA

View Full Version : Net54baseball 9th Annual National Dinner- Friday August 5th

Leon
03-08-2011, 09:49 AM
To all concerned,

The 9th Annual Net54baseball Dinner will be held on Friday, August 5th, the week of the National. I will have an RSVP thread within 3-5 weeks of the dinner. It's too early now. It will be at the Embassy Suites Ohare. (across the street from the National). If ya'll remember the stir fry stations and multiple bartenders, that is what we are doing again. All members of Net54baseball are invited. regards

Taxman
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Thank you Leon...missed this last year.

nolemmings
03-08-2011, 11:00 AM
This is very good news. Thanks for getting this back on track Leon.

E93
03-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Happy to hear the tradition is returning. Thanks Leon.
JimB

tbob
03-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Great news! Look forward to renewing acquaintances there :)

Jewish-collector
03-08-2011, 01:25 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS !!!! Thank you for bringing it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gifhttp://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

CMIZ5290
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks leon! Looking forward to it.

Jaybird
03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for putting this together. It will be great to finally put a face with an avatar.

AndyG09
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Thank you, Leon. I look forward to meeting all the fellow cardboard junkies!

Best,

Andy

bcbgcbrcb
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Sounds good, Leon, I'll be there. Thanks again!

Phil

sox1903wschamp
03-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Super duper. I will be attending. Look mucho forward to it.

Michael Peich
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Leon,

You da man! I'm in, Bud.

Cheers, Mike

HRBAKER
03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Leon,
Thanks. The return of an old friend, the Net54 Dinner!

Jeff

Rich Klein
03-09-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm looking forward to this -- as this is the closest thing to an hospitality room this hobby has. If you have been around long enough, that was a beloved part of the hobby past

Rich

kcohen
03-09-2011, 06:04 AM
That's great Leon. It's at those dinners where I first met several of the folks that have contributed to this thread. Thanks so much for reviving a wonderful tradition.

Ken

jimivintage
03-09-2011, 06:13 AM
I haven't been to the National since 2007, but my heart is where it needs to be these days....can't wait to meet up with all of you again! It's been too long! Thanks so much, Leon!

quinnsryche
03-09-2011, 07:39 AM
I am excited to attend. My wife even said I should go :eek: but she just had surgery and was medicated :p Does anyone know if Bruce (or one of his representatives) will be in attendance or is he banned from this event also :D
Sorry, don't mean to start anything, just joking!

Leon
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I am excited to attend. My wife even said I should go :eek: but she just had surgery and was medicated :p Does anyone know if Bruce (or one of his representatives) will be in attendance or is he banned from this event also :D
Sorry, don't mean to start anything, just joking!

Actually, that is not a bad question. There is a handful of folks that have been banned from this board. I said all "members" are invited. When you look below a USER ID of someone that has been banned it doesn't say "member" it says "banned"....therefore they are not a member, in my mind. That being said I will make a case by case decision on those few individuals. If Bruce (or his brother Archive) want to come to the Dinner, and he won't spread little pieces of paper around the room saying how terrible I am, then he can come to. I imagine he will be back on the board at some point in the future too.

The way the Dinner got going again is by having one sponsor being the "Gold" sponsor and that sponsor is going to be Heritage Auctions. Make no mistake, it is still a Net54baseball dinner just as it always has been. Hopefully there will be other sponsors too but for right now it is being done due to Heritage and our other banner advertisers who pay money every month for their ads to be on the board. Without those banners and Heritage's sponsorship I am not sure we would have been able to get it done as six hours of open bar and food isn't too cheap for 175-200 folks. For anyone that has been to one of these you know it's a blast. I am looking forward to it. best regards

Rich Klein
03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Want to meet archive!

He/She has soo much hobby knowledge

Rich

Bicem
03-09-2011, 10:03 AM
wow, thanks Heritage! Anyone know if they are having a Live auction again on Thursday?

Leon
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM
wow, thanks Heritage! Anyone know if they are having a Live auction again on Thursday?

Yes they are having a live auction on Thursday. I hope folks will consider them, and their generosity, when making decisions on who to support in the hobby. They and the rest of our advertisers are making the party a possibility.....regards

Heritage Sports
03-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Leon, and you are correct--we are having our "Platinum Night" auction on Thursday. The basic parameters will be the same--one hundred lot limit with individual lot value in excess of $10,000, a mixture of high-end single cards, sets and memorabilia. We're currently accepting consignments for that auction, but space is limited.

We'll break some news here on Net54--this is honestly the first time we've publicized it. A recent consignment to this Platinum Night auction is a portion of the Lou Gehrig estate which includes his full (jersey, pants, cap, stirrups) uniform worn for the 1934 Tour of Japan. Nobody in the hobby even knew this existed until now, so we're very excited about it. We expect a TON of publicity for this auction, and, of course, everything will be displayed at our corporate booth at the National, so it really will be the most attractive consignment opportunity of 2011. I'll step down off my soapbox now, but, again, thanks for the support.

Jim VB
03-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Actually, that is not a bad question. There is a handful of folks that have been banned from this board. I said all "members" are invited. When you look below a USER ID of someone that has been banned it doesn't say "member" it says "banned"....therefore they are not a member, in my mind. That being said I will make a case by case decision on those few individuals. If Bruce (or his brother Archive) want to come to the Dinner, and he won't spread little pieces of paper around the room saying how terrible I am, then he can come to. I imagine he will be back on the board at some point in the future too.

The way the Dinner got going again is by having one sponsor being the "Gold" sponsor and that sponsor is going to be Heritage Auctions. Make no mistake, it is still a Net54baseball dinner just as it always has been. Hopefully there will be other sponsors too but for right now it is being done due to Heritage and our other banner advertisers who pay money every month for their ads to be on the board. Without those banners and Heritage's sponsorship I am not sure we would have been able to get it done as six hours of open bar and food isn't too cheap for 175-200 folks. For anyone that has been to one of these you know it's a blast. I am looking forward to it. best regards

Whether it's intentional or accidental, Bruce, et al., are no longer "Banned." They are back to being a "Member."

http://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=276

GaryPassamonte
03-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Leon,
Is Legendary having their auction Friday, 8/5?

Leon
03-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Whether it's intentional or accidental, Bruce, et al., are no longer "Banned." They are back to being a "Member."

http://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=276

What happened is that the banishment was for a short period and was entered into the system as such. Then Brucii started sending private emails concerning me and the banishment was supposed to be made to be indefinite. It has been corrected. He would have been back on the board long ago had he just not sent those immature emails to a group of fellow hobbyists. I had never done anything to him and even stuck up for him when others wanted him gone long ago. As I said, if there are no more immature emails sent I would think he will be permitted back, if he wants to come back, in the not too distant future.

Gary- Yes, Legendary is still having their live auction on Friday. Any board member going to it, that RSVP's for our dinner, is more than welcome to come over to the Net54 party afterwards. I am even making special arrangements so the party will end later than 12am...so those folks can come over if they want to and still have time to hoot and holler. Doug is a board member, as well as some of his company staff, and they are welcome to come over too, if they would like to and RSVP.

The dinner had to be Thursday or Friday if we were going to have one. So, the choice was made to have it on Friday. best regards

Jim VB
03-09-2011, 01:41 PM
What happened is that the banishment was for a short period and was entered into the system as such. Then Brucii started sending private emails concerning me and the banishment was supposed to be made to be indefinite. It has been corrected. He would have been back on the board long ago had he just not sent those immature emails to a group of fellow hobbyists. I had never done anything to him and even stuck up for him when others wanted him gone long ago. As I said, if there are no more immature emails sent I would think he will be permitted back, if he wants to come back, in the not too distant future.

That's what I figured. Despite my long running problems with Bruce, I voted that he not be banned, or even suspended. Of course, that was before he went all "lawsuit threatening" on you.

Leon
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
That's what I figured. Despite my long running problems with Bruce, I voted that he not be banned, or even suspended. Of course, that was before he went all "lawsuit threatening" on you.

Honestly, and the other 3 moderators can confirm it, I never really wanted him banned or suspended. After his last tirade, and the fact he was STILL on probation for the same thing, I had to do what I had to do. It's sort of a kin to continue warning your child they will be disciplined and then never doing it. It becomes a joke to them. I would like to see Brucii back on the board.....He has a lot to contribute when he wants to. I could do without his "wealth" shpeel but that is his personality.

As for threats of lawsuits, I get them frequently. It comes with the territory. They don't make me have a happy day but they aren't that big of a deal. I have a pretty good feel for my boundaries. They are the same as everyone else's. People that don't know the law always think I am personally responsible for what gets said on the board. I know I am not though. regards

barrysloate
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I spoke to Bruce yesterday and he seemed to be in good spirits. Maybe he is on the road to return to the board.

Rich Klein
03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
If we were going to bring back Bruce; he should have returned last month -- we could have used the extra boost for the February sweeps

Leon
03-09-2011, 08:03 PM
If we were going to bring back Bruce; he should have returned last month -- we could have used the extra boost for the February sweeps

We might have missed the sweeps but as anyone logged in can see, yesterday at 12:47pm we had the most users ever on the board at once:

"Most users ever online was 269, Yesterday at 12:47 PM."

Was there some drama or something I missed? :eek: