PDA

View Full Version : We need to dump Flashchat ASAP

slidekellyslide
03-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Maybe I'm out of line because I dont' use the chat feature of Net54baseball, but for the past two weeks this forum has been slowed to a crawl at times by Flashchat and it's beyond annoying at this point. Who really needs a chat room when you can just as easily use the forums for discussion?

Cat
03-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I would hate to see chat go. I don't use it much, but it's good on certain auction nights. BTW, I haven't noticed it slowed to a crawl - at least not in the last 10 days or so, although I am probably not here as much as you [Dan].

Matt
03-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Maybe I'm out of line because I dont' use the chat feature of Net54baseball, but for the past two weeks this forum has been slowed to a crawl at times by Flashchat and it's beyond annoying at this point. Who really needs a chat room when you can just as easily use the forums for discussion?

Dan - we were having some serious issues the past 2-3 weeks (there were a few threads) but they have been resolved as far as I can tell as of mid-last week. What issues are you still seeing? Is anyone else still having issues with the chat?

thanks!

slidekellyslide
03-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Earlier today when trying to read and post the forum was hanging for more than a mintue..sometimes longer. I can see at the bottom of the screen it's trying to load the Chat feature. This has been happening intermittently for the past two weeks at least.

Leon
03-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Earlier today when trying to read and post the forum was hanging for more than a mintue..sometimes longer. I can see at the bottom of the screen it's trying to load the Chat feature. This has been happening intermittently for the past two weeks at least.

I am very much in agreement that if it becomes a problem again we need to do something differently. I don't know what but something. Knock on wood but in the last several days I haven't had an issue. I just went in there to look around, and except for it changing it's look a little bit I don't see any problems. Anyone else have the forum hanging up on them the last few days? If so, could you tell if it was the flashchat stuff causing it? I think that if it can stay working it is definitely better to have it than not. Come the big auction nights it's a blast. regards

BlueDevil89
03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Today I'm finding that it's taking a lot longer to upload threads than usual.

Jaybird
03-06-2011, 11:33 AM
It's happening to me a bit as well but it seems as if once I'm through the door and have the page open to Net54 board, then I can move around freely. It only seems to be when first entering the site. A refresh seems to help a bit as well.

Here is the message from the browser:

"Waiting for host718.123flashchat.com..."

edited to add: when i hit "save" for this message it hung up for a minute or so as well.

D. Bergin
03-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Seems to really be slowing things right now.

Isn't there a way to put the Chat section on an entirely different page of the site, rather then having it load with every page?

Anthony S.
03-06-2011, 11:40 AM
If we get rid of flashchat how will I be able to find out where to get my camel serviced?

slidekellyslide
03-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Happening to me right now too...very annoying. Feels like the old dial-up days of the internet.

I've notified Matt so hopefully we can get this thing figured out.

ibuysportsephemera
03-06-2011, 11:43 AM
It is causing big delays for me today. This is the first time I noticed it.

Jeff

Matt
03-06-2011, 11:47 AM
If we get rid of flashchat how will I be able to find out where to get my camel serviced?

I can think of a few folks here who would be good fits for servicing (ehh ehhmm) your camel...

On the flashchat side, I've notified both 123flashchat and also contacted a competitor this morning.
If any technically inclined person out there can identify an alternative that integrates with vBulletin security, shows the number of current users in the chat on vBulletin (e.g. 2 users currently in chat) and offers a hosted solution (and we're not paying $30 a month) that would be a big help.

drc
03-06-2011, 11:53 AM
for me, I've noticed a board delay but it hasn't been terribly bothersome yet. Usually just refresh the page and it's fine.

cdn_collector
03-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Can't you just tweak the site layout/template so that the '0 Users in Chat' link just shows a link that goes to the chat and doesn't try to report how many users are currently using it?

Maybe this affects people that use the chat [being able to easily tell if there are others currently chatting], but if you eliminate that count, which I am assuming originates on the flashchat domain, I'm guessing the problem goes away and you still get to keep the chat feature.

Regards,

Richard.

chaddurbin
03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
when n54 drags i just go over the the freedom board and hang out with frank in the vintage section.

steve B
03-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I've had a bit of slowness too, but it's not confined to this board.

The problem might actually be adobeARM, part of the adobe reader updater. Supposedly it can make things take a long time to start or load. That's the same sort of delays I'm seeing. Refresh does make it the individual page load quickly.

Steve B

Pup6913
03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I dont have any issues with the site not working right but I do know I can let it load for 1/2 hr+ and it never does anything but say connecting.

Matt
03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
On the flashchat side, I've notified both 123flashchat...

Their response:

"Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you .

And we have transferred the host718 server to a new server , and it is high performance , and outperforming reliability , but because the DOS attack to cause great harm in this time , our web master are still working on repaired it , and it needs some time , please understand us , thanks .

And now your chat is working OK , please check it. thanks "

Let's see...

Pup6913
03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
works now

Howe’s Hunter
03-07-2011, 02:44 PM
knew it was slow occasionally last week, but noticed it again a while ago, and it took seven minutes from the time I hit this thread until it let me open up this response box. Not very convenient when you try and sneak on at work, and it takes this long to get anywhere.

Kawika
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Their response:

"Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you .

And we have transferred the host718 server to a new server , and it is high performance , and outperforming reliability , but because the DOS attack to cause great harm in this time , our web master are still working on repaired it , and it needs some time , please understand us , thanks .

And now your chat is working OK , please check it. thanks "

Let's see...

Press 1 for English.

Slow by me, too. Sucks.

barrysloate
03-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Early this afternoon I couldn't even get on, but that only lasted a short time.