PDA

View Full Version : Cracker Jack questions

drumback
03-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I just recently decided to add a few Cracker Jack cards to my type collection. Don't know much about them - I am basically a tobacco collector - so I would appreciate some info from anyone who collects them. Here are my questions:

1. Does either year, 1914 or 1915, command a premium over the other?
2. What is a reasonable price to pay for commons, borh raw and graded, in VG-EX condition?
3. What is a reasonable price to pay for Hofers Plank, Collins, Crawford and Bender, also raw or graded, in VG-EX?

Thanks.

Mark

gnaz01
03-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I just recently decided to add a few Cracker Jack cards to my type collection. Don't know much about them - I am basically a tobacco collector - so I would appreciate some info from anyone who collects them. Here are my questions:

1. Does either year, 1914 or 1915, command a premium over the other?
2. What is a reasonable price to pay for commons, borh raw and graded, in VG-EX condition?
3. What is a reasonable price to pay for Hofers Plank, Collins, Crawford and Bender, also raw or graded, in VG-EX?

Thanks.

Mark

1. 1914's were only issued in boxes of Cracker Jack and, by and large, IMO command a premium over their 1915 counterparts. Also, there were only 144 cards in 1914 vs. 176 in 1915.
2. 1915's were available to purchase the entire set which is why some have no caramel stains as opposed to the 1914 issue.
3. As far as pricing, I would refer one to VCP or the 'bay or Old Cardboard to see current pricing.

FrankWakefield
03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
To add to the above, as you go up in condition the 1914 cards should get a higher price. They were printed on what was virtually paper, not card stock. they're thinner than a 1915 card, and much flimsier than a T206. I'd think that maybe you could get a few commons in about good condition for under $40 if you're persistent on eBay.