PDA

View Full Version : Back Damage on N172 Old Judge

btcarfagno
03-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I just bought several N172 Old Judge cards that have some damage from having been removed from a scrapbook. To my untrained eye, the damage does not appear to be horribly bad, but I may be wrong about that. The cards currently sit in PSA Authentic holders. I would rather they be given a true grade by SGC, and was wondering how far down the back damage would pull the cards. The cards on average are about VG-EX, maybe some are EX. I have proivided an image of the back damage below. If I assume that the cards are in VG-EX, do you think that SGC would grade them as a 30 or 20? Would they still get just an Authentic grade?

I am just not sure as to how far down this would take the cards.

I appreciate any help, as I think the cards would look better in SGC holders, and that a numeric grade could help them sell better.

Take Care,

Tom C

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy203/collectiblesgains/sum10con813h.jpg

Leon
03-04-2011, 01:01 PM
If the only problem is that back damage then SGC should grade them 10's or 20's, most likely 10's. Most collectors of Old Judges don't worry too much about the backs, it's all about the photo quality.

btcarfagno
03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Now I just have to worry about whether or not the little buggers have been trimmed...

Thanks Leon.

Tom C