PDA

View Full Version : Could this be printers scrap???

Pup6913
02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Recently acquired just over 50% of a raw T205 set and was going through them when I noticed that this card is devoid of gold and the borders appear to be cut by hand. The back is polar bear but has not tobacco stains either. What do you think?

canjond
02-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Andrew - I don't believe it's printer's scrap. There are some collectors who collect these so-called "green bordered" T205s. They are a result of a misprint (the gold not being applied), but I don't think they are scrap.

Also, IMO, the card actually looks machine cut to me.

Ease
02-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I agree with Jon, but the green borders are still cool. On another note, is it possible to find a centered Nee? Every one I see is oc exactly like that one, including mine.

scottglevy
03-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Jon pretty much summed it up. It's missing the application of the metallic ink, but appears to be machine produced.

I have seen many examples of green bordered T205 (and own a couple). They almost always seem to be in trashed shape - so there appears to be some link there....just not sure what it is.

As for the miscut, similar to the T206 issue....some cards just weren't cut right. For some reason I see more side to side miscuts than up/down ones for the T205 issue.

Nonetheless....a cool card and one of my faves from the set - Nee.

Best,
S

P.S. Eric - I have 1 Nee T205 card that is OC and 1 that is reasonably well centered.

bbcard1
03-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I have a Young that's similar.