PDA

View Full Version : Cool Story

yanks12025
02-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello,
I think i've mentioned this story once before one here, but it has gotten better.

Several years ago, what brought me to this forum was I had questions regarding acouple items coming up for auction at a local auction. So i was told to come here. Well the items were posters believed to be made in 1926 for the 50th ann. of the National League.

Well we(Father and I), won all three posters(Knickerbockers, Tigers, Cubs). And i was happy because they were pretty cool but they were an investment.

So we later went on to sell them in Mastro's at the time, for about 3 times what we paid for them. Here's where the story gets better. Two summers ago, looking through Lelands auction. I noticed that they were up for sale again as a lot of 3 and now framed. Well we were able again to buy them for only $500(all 3). That was cheaper than what we paid for them to begin with, the local framer said it would have cost $250 each just to frame.

Well last week i noticed in another local auction, two more of these posters for sale, different teams(Browns and Pirates). Well today i was able to win them. Now the best part i believe that these 5 were once together, because they show the same wear and the same hand written names. Rob from REA told me that he has seen 10 different ones. So I'm pretty sure i may have the most of them right now. If anyone can help me find others, or knows more information, please email me at boblee89@yahoo.com Thanks

Ease
02-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Cool posters and an even better story. Small world!

Gradedcardman
02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
They are fantastic. If I come across any i will let you know.

Adam

ethicsprof
02-26-2011, 09:13 PM
absolutely beautiful displays and great story.
thanks for sharing!
all the best,

barry

joeadcock
02-27-2011, 04:25 AM
Agree Barry

Cool story and nice looking material

Frank