PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist scam

RobertGT
02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Tired of seeing these scams every day. If you think ebay is dangerous, well then Craigslist is a glowing toxic waste dump. I'd like to see someone string this scammer along to reveal his scheme of roping the unsuspecting buyer into sending money for card(s) that will never be delivered, or buying cards with fake flips.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/2233597258.html

alanu
02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Isn't Craigslist Scam an oxymoron :o ....when it comes to vintage cards anyway

Leon
02-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Tired of seeing these scams every day. If you think ebay is dangerous, well then Craigslist is a glowing toxic waste dump. I'd like to see someone string this scammer along to reveal his scheme of roping the unsuspecting buyer into sending money for card(s) that will never be delivered, or buying cards with fake flips.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/2233597258.html

The authorities ought to show up, under cover, and buy it. Then arrest the guy and throw his sorry arse in jail for a while. That would be a start...

bh3443
02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I use craigslist on a fairly regular basis to sell silver bullion and coins as well as sell bulk cards. Every time I list something it sells right away. Each time I've made sure the buyer is local and has cash. All deals were completed promptly and I've gotten return business as well. I've been lucky.
However, each listing generates many email offers from all over the country. These emails are generally offering a trade for what I have. Sketchy deals are offered with a myriad of distractions such as wiring money and such.
It's too bad that craigslist has so many of these problems.
Years ago I thought craigslist was a place to find hookers because of all the media coverage about that topic.
The coin, card and antique buyers I have met and done business with are all regular people I deal with now. All decent collectors & dealers such as our net54ers.

I hope craigslist will police their listings to avoid problems that give it a bad name. I try to be optimistic about such things.
Have a spectacular weekend everyone.
Your Friend,
Bill Hedin

thescooper
02-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't doubt the Mantle card seller is a rip off artist, but how do you know?
I see a mantle card for sale in my local antique store and just wondering how to tell real from fake.