PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Boston Beaneaters Stock

ian
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I have a question for the experts, regarding the difference of value between Beaneaters stock from 1874 versus 1894.

I am aware that stock from the 1870s-90s generally sells (or has sold) in the thousand dollar range. However, is there a great price difference for stock from '74 vs. '94, or is the difference in value negligible?

Thanks in advance.

Leon
02-25-2011, 08:07 AM
I am sort of out of my league here but will give a novice answer. Maybe someone else can help more. I would say that generally earlier baseball related items like these will be worth more UNLESS the year of the later certificate has some importance. A championship, lots of HOF'ers, first year in league, pictures of players etc...could be things that would increase values of later items over earlier ones. Also, if one or the other is way more scarce, that could lead to a higher value. So, in general, all things being equal, I will pay more for earlier baseball items. Hope this helps a little bit.....sorry if I am off base (note all of the puns), I am just going by my limited experience in such items.

PS- Welcome to Net54baseball Ian....(forgot to say that) .....