PDA

View Full Version : Is Net54 Running Slow?

barrysloate
02-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Almost every time I click on a Net54 link my computer hesitates for about 20 seconds. I thought it was me but Ted Z. is having the same problem. Anyone else having one too?

cubsfan102003
02-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Barry,

The same thing is happening for me as well. I was thinking it was my computer at first too.

Tom

3-2-count
02-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Hanging up here to.

Leon
02-24-2011, 07:25 AM
It does seem to be running a little slow. The hosting company could be doing a back up (they are in the UK) or a myriad of other things. I don't think it is anything we can control. Personally, I think it's Al Gore's fault since he invented this darned thing (the internet and all)....

D. Bergin
02-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Yes,

For a few days now, on a regular basis.

My status bar reads "connecting to host718.123flashchat.com", hangs for about 15-20 seconds and finally connects through.

I'm going to take a wild stab at it and guess it has something to do with the new "Net54Baseball's Pre-War Cards By Issue/Seller/Grade/Price" toolbar at the top. It's taking that long for that portion of the page to load.

Leon
02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
I just sent a question to the hosting company support group to see if they know why it seems to be hanging up on us. I will relay the answer if and when I get one. Sorry for the slowness issues.....

quinnsryche
02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
I've noticed it for approx. the last 3 days. Deathly slow.:(

scooter729
02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
GAI determined the service to be running perfectly fine.

However, when asked for a second opinion, SGC said the service definitely is running slowly.

Kawika
02-24-2011, 07:35 AM
My computer hangs after the toolbar shows for at least sixty seconds each time I try to load a page. Most tedious. Am relieved to know that it is not on my end and that I don't have to get under the hood and tighten the piston cables on the motherboard.

Leon
02-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Yes,

For a few days now, on a regular basis.

My status bar reads "connecting to host718.123flashchat.com", hangs for about 15-20 seconds and finally connects through.

I'm going to take a wild stab at it and guess it has something to do with the new "Net54Baseball's Pre-War Cards By Issue/Seller/Grade/Price" toolbar at the top. It's taking that long for that portion of the page to load.

Even though you are most likely incorrect you helped a lot. That message you got is the effing Chat room hosting company. We are still having major issues with that. We have been in constant emails with them and I don't think they even understand English at all. It is very taxing. We haven't scrapped it because we don't have the tech support, at the moment, to go to another whole different solution. With that message there is a great chance that is the problem, though I am not positive. I do know that 123flashchat is the chat room folks. They are bona fide idiots.

bcornell
02-24-2011, 07:46 AM

These 123flashchat guys are definitely the source of the problem - pages won't load until their server responds and it often has problems with slowness. The hosting company shouldn't make the page load dependent on their stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Bill

barrysloate
02-24-2011, 07:48 AM
In the lower left corner of my screen I often get an error message while I am waiting for it to connect.

Ease
02-24-2011, 07:50 AM
It has to do with the chat thing at the top imo, it loads up to "user cp" then hangs, like it is trying to determine how many members are in chat.

scooter729
02-24-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm back to normal now it seems!

Leon
02-24-2011, 07:57 AM
And right at this minute my system seems to be running very quickly and not hanging up. I am back to it being Gore's fault.

sayhey24
02-24-2011, 08:01 AM
I blame the Carterscards thread.

Greg

barrysloate
02-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Do you mean Al "Piano Legs" Gore?

Mine is still hesitating periodically. It comes and goes.

timzcardz
02-24-2011, 08:47 AM
And right at this minute my system seems to be running very quickly and not hanging up. I am back to it being Gore's fault.

I spoke to Al this morning and he assured me that it wasn't him this time.

He told me that he has it on reliable sources that it is an effect of Gadhafi shutting down the internet to help him maintain control. :D

ethicsprof
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
for me it's been so slow after the midnight hour at times that i've just had to give up. early on i would check on things with the ole virus scan but always got perfect reports.
i sure hope it gets fixed for the post-midnight hours or i'll have to get back to doing my research again. :)
best,
barry

barrysloate
02-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Right now Net54 is running slower than Gus Triandos. Anyone else having trouble?

Shoeless Moe
02-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Extremely slow

Kawika
02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Slow for me too.

greenmonster66
02-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Diddo!!!!

ls7plus
02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Was running Very, very slow for me after midnight last night, but seems to be A-OK now!

Larry

Leon
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Guys and girls,
First of all my apology for the site running slowly. We believe it is absolutely the chat room folks. Our Net54baseball hosting company (completely different than the chat room hosting company) said they monitored performance the last few days and there are no issues on their end. Our chat room folks, on the other hand, are quite honestly, bumbling idiots at best. They have had someone on their staff giving out the admin password to hackers, and said so in an email this morning. They kept telling us we were doing it so we told them to NOT even give us the password. So this last time they couldn't blame us and figured out that it was someone on their staff being an idiot. As they are trying to fix the chat room issues there might be some more slowness. After that we should be back to normal. I/we don't expect it to take more than another day or so, but I can't promise anything. They are maroons (sic) and are inept at what they are doing, imo. I just want to explain so ya'll would be in the loop as much as we are....The slowness is intermittent and is not a problem right this moment (for me), though it has been sticking quite a bit this morning.

deadballera
02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
probably slow due to the weight of the Carterscards thread. Hopefully the thread will sink

DJR
02-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I had to AdBlock Plus the chat service for the site to load. Leon, do what you want but I would dump 123flashchat service effective...yesterday! I would rather not have a chat feature then 123flashchat. Plus, with so many (free) options your patience is to be commended.

Thank you.

Leon
02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
I had to AdBlock Plus the chat service for the site to load. Leon, do what you want but I would dump 123flashchat service effective...yesterday! My suggestion is to tap into the free Net54 non sports message board (co-brand it) and spend your time finding type cards or asking posters to put full names in posts :) I would rather not have a chat feature then 123flashchat. Plus, with so many (free) options your patience is to be commended.
http://www.network54.com/Chat/125557

As stated before, we don't have the technical support right now to do anything other than what we have. As having managed the previous s/w Network54 for about 5 yrs I am aware of that free chat and it was good. I am not personally able to modify or change what we have. It would have already been scrapped if I could do it myself. I like the non sports board but I have 0 interest in going back to having network54.com have any control whatsoever on this site. There were issues with them that I had to deal with. Every time someone got upset because I wouldn't protect them, or they didn't like a decision, they would complain to network54 and sometimes I would have to cave in...or ever worse, network54 would go delete posts or threads on their own. It sucked. We won't be going back to that. This chat issue will get worked out. Now, if someone has a lot of Vbulletin experience and they want to take this project on, I am all ears. regards