PDA

View Full Version : Card identification help? 1920’s C.N.T. of ARGENTINA - DOS AMIGOS

famousgolfers
02-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Hello. I was just curious if anyone knows anything about this set? I know the subject in question is a golfer, but I assume it is a mult-sport set. I am just curious if anyone has ever seen any other cards from this set and might have some more information on the set.
Thank you,
Jason

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=390285958985

famousgolfers
02-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I used the Google Spanish to English translator to see what the back says, and it was really no help on identifying the set. The back roughly says "It seems incredible that a cigarette can be as good as the two friends for the price. However, this is reality. Not for nothing are popular tab." So the back text is not specific to the player on the front, but just a little marketing.

fkw
02-19-2011, 11:56 AM
C.N.T. may stand for "Compania Nacional de Tobacos"

This company had many cards sets about 1930.
They are listed in the ACC under "N" for "Central and South American Tobacco Cards"
(Not to be confused with N28, N172, N300 etc.)

I cant find a match in the N1-N13 sets, but then there is a gap from N14-N24, so later ACCs may be updated and include this set ???

rhettyeakley
02-19-2011, 12:05 PM
It says (when spoken like someone speaking English)...

It seems incredible that you can get a cigarette as good as "Dos Amigos" for the price. However, it is true. It's no wonder they are so popular.