PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING autographed sports card collection find. Any auto guru's that can help?

JasonD08
02-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Hey guys........I just purchased an unbelievable autographed sports card collection from a dealer friend of mine who just had an heir bring it in and want to sell it. This has been getting worked on for about a month now and I am taking on a partner to help find new homes for these guys. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated from an expert in this field. References also welcome and appreciated. I will also be offering these over on B/S/T forum once I can get a handle on these. We have recently submitted all HOF, superstar rookies, and deceased players from 2002 and earlier to PSA for authentication and graded slabbing. The rest of these I need help on identifying the tougher sigs. Here is a brief history of this amazing find and how it was put together:

Patrick Meeker, with the help of friend Ben Peterson, began personally collecting pen signatures on trading cards in the 1970s by attending games throughout the Country and regularly meeting players. Having lived thoughout the Midwest and South, including Texas, Patrick was able to obtain a wider variety of signatures than hounds who did not travel as much. Patrick's collecting included baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf, Olympic, and many other sports. Patrick was able to amass more than 100,000 autographed trading cards, all of which were signed between 7 and 40 years ago. It is one of the premier multi-sports autographed trading card collections in the United States.

The cards so far range from 1930s to 2003, with thousands of vintage in the 60s-70s. Patrick's brother had inherited the cards and eventually sold them in one deal. Everything should be finalized in a week or two and hopefully will receive the slabbed cards back in 30-60 days.

Thanks in advance for any contact info of experts in this field.

Jason

816-294-9847
dduncanvintage@aol.com