PDA

View Full Version : 1926-1929 Exhibit Postcard backs

ls7plus
02-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi, guys.

It seems like every so often, you'll see a smattering of some of the key cards from this set, like the 2 Gehrigs and Ruths, the Foxx (which Barry and I certainly consider his rookie--I do, in part, because the 1927 W560 is such an UGLY card!), the Grove, etc, and then they seem to vanish for quite awhile. I don't have access to the SGC pop reports, but am a PSA member and have those, and there really don't seem to be that many out there, considering the value some of them are rising to (PSA had graded just 7 of the Foxx, as compared to 15 of the Gehrig portrait, for example, leading me to believe that perhaps the Foxx was a one-year issue only--his first really big year was 1929, .354, 33 HR's--while each of the Gehrigs have approximately twice as many graded, and may have each been 2-year issues). Occasionally, but not with any real regularity, you'll see one of the keys in a major auction. Those of you that also collect Exhibits, what are your thoughts regarding their true rarity?

HRBAKER
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Larry,
I can't help much with your questions but you would get better results posting this on the main page and not in the testing forum.

Best, Jeff