View Full Version : Ted Taylor CERT.

Piedmont Sport
02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Any advice or info on Ted - Thanks Frank

DJR
02-16-2011, 03:44 PM

keithsky
02-16-2011, 03:59 PM
You won't find one person on here supporting him except if he chimes in and supports himself

Fuddjcal
02-16-2011, 06:56 PM
the one thing you can say is that if you see STAT or TTA hologram on it, you know it's fake....JSA would fail it on principle and rightfully so. Unless the "Double Milachi Hologram Crunch" is played, ala Moral Less vs. JSA on AA, every damned single one that bears his name most likely a forgery.

thetruthisoutthere
02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Do you make a purchase of a Ted Taylor "certed" autograph?

Piedmont Sport
02-16-2011, 09:12 PM
no - i noticed his certs are coming up more and more - a client came in with some great looking ruth - gehrig and speaker - i passed on all - but i know Ted had a big name in the hobby at one time

thetruthisoutthere
02-17-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm curious, when did Ted Taylor ever have a "big name" in the hobby?

19cbb
02-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Is this the same Ted Taylor?

http://i.imgur.com/vfq2s.jpg

thetruthisoutthere
02-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes, Jimmy, that's the Ted Taylor we are referring to. And he's the same Ted Taylor who "authenticated" the below Ty Cobb offering now on Coach's Corner. The man who writes on his website "Why not trust all your hobby and authentication needs to someone who has lived and breathed the hobby for decades?"

Piedmont Sport
02-17-2011, 08:59 AM
- INFO on ---Ted Taylor has been a life-long baseball fan and collector of baseball cards and sports memorabilia. He began writing a hobby column back in the early 1970s and has been writing it someplace ever since. He was first president of The Eastern Pennsylvania Sports Collectors Club and co-promoter of the Philadelphia Baseball Card & Sports Memorabilia Shows. He served as VP of the Fleer Corporation (1991-97) and was co-founder and the first President of The Philadelphia Athletics Historical Society (1996-99). Ted can be reached at ted@tedtaylor.com where he is managing partner of STAT Authentic LLC (www.statauthentic.com), a sports/celebrity authentication, appraisal and acquisitions company.
CCA and Ted Taylor are flooding PA. with stuff - and this is the same Ted Tayor

DJR
02-17-2011, 09:38 AM

drc
02-17-2011, 11:29 AM
My sister had a preview of her art exhibition in a local art magazine. I said, "THat's an impressive writeup." She said, "I know. I wrote it."

Frank A
02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Tell me, Whats the difference between TT and all the rest of the authenticators who fail good stuff and pass crap all the time? Oh i see, it's a name.

thetruthisoutthere
02-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Tell me, Whats the difference between TT and all the rest of the authenticators who fail good stuff and pass crap all the time? Oh i see, it's a name.

Ted Taylor's reputation in the hobby has been earned by Ted Taylor himself. When I look at a "Stat Authentic" or "TTA" certed autograph I never assume it will be bad; I will always look at the autograph. The problem is that when I do examine a "Stat Authentic" or "TTA" certed autograph I have yet to see one that I would consider authentic. If you can show me one, Frank, please bring it to my attention. Are you aware just how rare Beatles signed albums are? And yet every four weeks on the Coach's Corner auction site there is a Beatles signed album certed by Ted Taylor. That's thirteen (13) signed Beatles albums certed by Ted Taylor in just one year. And they usually sell for under $2,000. Don't you think if they were authentic, that all Beatles collectors and experts would pick them up at those low final bid prices and flip them for between 8-10 times the amount realized on the Coach's Corner auction site? But yet you never see those Beatles albums being sold at Hunt Auctions or Lelands. And the fact that all "Stat Authentic" COAs are on Ebay's banned list. Think about that, Frank. Ted Taylor's reputation in the hobby is the doing of Ted Taylor. Below is the latest Beatles signed album certed by Ted Taylor. So far the bidding is up to a whopping $383.00 as of 02/17/2011.

wrapperguy
02-17-2011, 01:55 PM
What happened with him? He seemed to be a respected hobby figure for a long time and now it seems like his name is mud. As I recall, he was working for or with Fleer for a while as well. Was he always involved in activities questioned by others or was this a more recent development?

mcgwirecom
02-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I know he was VP at Fleer. He used to write a card collector column in the Phila. Daily News. I remember a lot of Fleer uncut sheets showing up in Coaches Corner back in the day. Then I saw Ted writing auction reviews for them in SCD. Then he started authenticating for them.

danc
02-21-2011, 12:45 PM
This beauty was on eBay last night at a $3,750 starting point. Think it's been pulled.

TTA, is basically STAT and their LOA's are prohibited on eBay. The only difference is that STAT included Jeremy Stevens, and Ted Taylor then decided to go it solo.

Kind of like 1980's super duo Wham splitting so one could begin a successful solo career, while Andrew Ridgely just kind of vanished.

DanC

thetruthisoutthere
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
This beauty was on eBay last night at a $3,750 starting point. Think it's been pulled.

TTA, is basically STAT and their LOA's are prohibited on eBay. The only difference is that STAT included Jeremy Stevens, and Ted Taylor then decided to go it solo.

Kind of like 1980's super duo Wham splitting so one could begin a successful solo career, while Andrew Ridgely just kind of vanished.

DanC

Only Taylor, Morales and AAU would cert crap like that.

GrayGhost
02-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Agreed sir, especially that Gehrig.