PDA

View Full Version : Holes In Cards

hangman62
02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
OK,
We bounced around writing on cards, how about holes in cards
I once hole punched a complete 1969T set,every card..right in the middle at the top border. Then slid every card onto a small cord..attached over my bed..and I was able to move the cards across my head while laying in bed. A baseball card roll-a-dex....kind of !!

GoldenAge50s
02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
What a great idea--How come I never thought of that? LOL!

Chris Counts
02-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I never punched holes in my cards, but when I was 10, I assembled quite a collection of '71 Topps cards. But I didn't like the black borders, so I cut lots of them up with a pair of scissors. I gave them all rounded corners as well. They ended up looking just like 1969 Topps Supers. They looked so good that even today I'm tempted to get a bunch of '71s and do it again ...

Teamsets4u
02-26-2011, 09:10 AM
OK,
We bounced around writing on cards, how about holes in cards
I once hole punched a complete 1969T set,every card..right in the middle at the top border. Then slid every card onto a small cord..attached over my bed..and I was able to move the cards across my head while laying in bed. A baseball card roll-a-dex....kind of !!

I did that with 1973 and 1974 cards.

GasHouseGang
02-26-2011, 05:58 PM
I guess I just wasn't very creative!? I remember getting a bunch of 1969's from one guy and he had written his name right across each player's forehead. :D The main one I remember was Catfish Hunter. I ended up trading almost all of those cards to another collector that didn't care about condition, just wanted to get the numbers he needed. Still makes me smile when I think about those cards..... Have to admit I'm glad I don't still have them.