PDA

View Full Version : 1957 Topps Ted Kluszewski

MikeGarcia
02-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Hello -- does anyone know if this beautiful card was ever reprinted ? The reason I ask is because I just saw one on an internet auction in a PRO 9 MINT slab -- the white borders seemed huge compared to every other '57 Klu I've ever seen , and I know already that PRO will slab trimmed cards but are they crooked enough to slab a reprint without saying so on the flip ??? Thanks , I hope I'm not wasting your time .

fkw
02-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I have never seen a reprint in a PRO slab.
I have never seen a reprint of a 1957 Kluszewski either.

Not saying there arent any, just saying Ive never seen one.

I have seen a few reprints in PSA slabs. ie blue tint Fro-Joys, M101-4/5 Ruth, etc.

PRO is a good buy if the card shows wear, it isnt a good buy if its razor sharp as it is usually trimmed.

I once bought a Tango Egg Jennings in a PRO slab for pennies on the dollar and it crossed to SGC with no problem. Great buy.

Some non-collectors choose PRO to grade their cards because they dont know any better.

MikeGarcia
02-05-2011, 08:31 PM
The card I'm concerned about is up for auction but the seller left the ''i'' off Kluszewski in the auction title.... he listed the number 165 and the word '' MINT'' though. Please have a look and tell me what you make of those borders ? Sheet cut maybe ? That's a lot of white border for a card which notoriously has very narrow borders ??... I'm just sayin......

ALR-bishop
02-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I see what you mean, although the scan is angled. Seller has solid feedback, but if you look at his other items he does not appear to be primarily a sports card seller.

Bob Lemke
02-06-2011, 09:31 AM
It's possible the Klu card was once part of those '57 panels and partial sheets that Alan Rosen had some years ago. Some of the panels were quite beat, but many of the interior cards could have been cut with extra wide borders. They wouldn't pass muster at any decent grading company, but PRO . . . ?