PDA

View Full Version : 1908 Topeka Postcard Walter Boles

edtiques
02-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi ... I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this postcard.It's a real photo postcard of Walter Boles on the Topeka baseball team.It's marked Boles Topeka on the front in the lower right hand corner.He was with Topeka from 1907-1910.Boles later went on to play for the L.A. Angels in the PCL from 1912-1919.
Is this from a set of Postcards as opposed to a single postcard?If so,what set would it be?Also,any guesses on value would be appreciated.Thanks .... Ed

ksfarmboy
02-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Hello Ed, that's a neat postcard. I don't know if that is from a set or not but I do have two postcards that are like yours. Mine is of Duff Cooley and Jack Forrester. Can't remember how much I paid but I think it was 150-200 for the pair. I got them from Dan Bretta who was nice enough to sell them to me. As a Kansas collector I would love to add this to my collection if you decide you want to sell.

edtiques
02-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Hello Ed, that's a neat postcard. I don't know if that is from a set or not but I do have two postcards that are like yours. Mine is of Duff Cooley and Jack Forrester. Can't remember how much I paid but I think it was 150-200 for the pair. I got them from Dan Bretta who was nice enough to sell them to me. As a Kansas collector I would love to add this to my collection if you decide you want to sell.

Hi Clint.Thank you for your answer.You have some nice postcards there.I'm going to send you a private message to discuss my postcard further.Thanks again ... Ed