PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a COMPLETE LOSER KEN LANE

Fuddjcal
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
PORT RICHEY

eBay sales net $13,115 — and a trip to jail
A 54-year-old man is accused of selling thousands of dollars in fake memorabilia to unsuspecting buyers on eBay. According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, Kenneth Edward Lane used a computer, printer and Signascript automated signing machine to forge an array of counterfeits. The items included a copy of Life magazine bearing Neil Armstrong's signature, vintage photos supposedly signed by Cary Grant and Marilyn Monroe, an autographed Star Trek cast photo and an item purportedly signed by Cincinnati Reds great John "Bid" McPhee. Authorities say Lane made $13,115 selling the items from April 2006 to August 2010. Lane, of 9324 Cochise Lane, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of scheme to defraud and released on $5,000 bail. He was charged last year with grand theft after a buyer said Lane sold him a Christmas card forged with Al Capone's signature, as well as an autographed baseball that never arrived. Prosecutors later dropped the charge.

Now if they can arrest that CADDY1229 from Pembroke Pine, FL for selling his ENDLESS SUPPLY OF FAKE GLOBAL GAI putrid forgeries every damned day, and crack the whip on E-bay for endorsing such shenanigans, we'd be on to something.

thetruthisoutthere
02-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I read about that a few days ago. As rampant as forgeries are it's amazing that we only hear about arrests like this once every six months.

keithsky
02-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Wonder if any of these clowns are consigning to Coach's Corner?

bbcard1
02-05-2011, 02:41 PM
A five tool loser?

BTW, my lawyer buys a lot of stuff off CC..he's a good guy. I have really not had the heart to break it to him yet.

Mark
02-05-2011, 02:43 PM
See, it is so easily explained

Port Richey man accused of selling fake memorabilia

By LISA A. DAVIS | The Tampa Tribune

Published: June 17, 2010

Kenneth LanePORT RICHEY - A Port Richey man is accused of peddling fake memorabilia and bilking a victim out of thousands of dollars, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office.

Pasco deputies say Kenneth Edward Lane, 53, sold a baseball supposedly autographed by Chicago Cubs hall-of-famer Gabby Hartnett and mobster Al Capone. In November, Avraham Bash, 24, of Sunny Isles Beach, agreed to purchase the ball for $6,500. It was expected to arrive along with a certificate of authenticity.

It didn't.

Bash sent a personal check for $1,500 and a cashier's check for the remaining $5,000, but he never received the ball, according to an arrest report. He e-mailed Lane several times but never got a response.

Records indicate Lane deposited the money into his bank accounts, according to the report.

Bash did some research and learned Lane had been selling counterfeit memorabilia.

In June 2009, Lane sold Bash a Christmas card purportedly autographed by Al Capone for $2,500. That turned out to be fake, too, a sheriff's office report states.

Deputies caught up to Lane Wednesday at his home at 9324 Cochise Lane, and he admitted that he never sent Bash the baseball or tried to refund his money, according to an arrest report. He was arrested on a grand theft charge and posted $2,000 bail Thursday.

Lane told a detective he had sent the money to someone in Pennsylvania to get the baseball but never received it. He said he didn't know the man's name but hadn't had a problem in past deals.

Reached at home Thursday, Lane said the trouble is all a misunderstanding.

He said he purchased the baseball from the man in Pennsylvania who died before he could send it. Lane, who says he collects and sells autographed items as a hobby, said he's tried to contact the man's family for reimbursement, but he hasn't heard back. Now, he can't remember the man's name.

"I'm not running out of town," he said. "I'm not shirking responsibility. I will pay him back."

Reporter Lisa A. Davis can be reached at (727) 815-1083.

Leon
02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
"Lane told a detective he had sent the money to someone in Pennsylvania to get the baseball but never received it. He said he didn't know the man's name but hadn't had a problem in past deals."

Yeah, I always send people $6500 and don't know their name.....that's it. :eek:

gnaz01
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Aren't the Roaches located in Pennsylvania? :eek:

carrigansghost
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Leon, please send that to my address and I will send you a card every holiday season from now on. Current occupant wil be enough for it to get here.

Rawn

keithsky
02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes they are

shimozukawa
02-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Leon
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
He never said he sent $6500... maybe he bought the ball from the Pennsylvania guy for $5... and was waiting for it to arrive so he could forge it. ;)

Good point..My mistake...we don't know the amount he sent. ..We just know the guy didn't receive anything at all once he sent this Lane guy the $6500...but he said he would repay him so that should be fine, shouldn't it:confused:.

Rob D.
02-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Leon,

Just looking for clarification here. Included in your post yesterday, "Anonymity vs Privacy on the Net54baseball," is this:

"You can not say someone is an imbecile, hard to deal with, gave poor service etc…and remain private on the board."

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=132949

The original poster titled this thread: "Portrait of a COMPLETE LOSER KEN LANE"

Can one say someone is a complete loser and remain private on the board?

Thanks in advance.

RichardSimon
02-05-2011, 04:11 PM
At least Leon is still smiling and winking after a doozy of a day.

Fuddjcal
02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi Leon,

Just looking for clarification here. Included in your post yesterday, "Anonymity vs Privacy on the Net54baseball," is this:

"You can not say someone is an imbecile, hard to deal with, gave poor service etc…and remain private on the board."

Thanks in advance.

Sorry Rob D,

I signed up using my real name and it it not shown here. I don't know why. :eek::eek: I will try to add it....I reiterate Ken Lane is a poster child for a complete loser and is among 1000's of cheater f'ers in the autograph industry that are abusing the american public everyday through e-bay and other worthless internet web-sites. I only wish they would arrest more of these jokers.

Rob D.
02-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry Rob D,

I signed up using my real name and it it not shown here. I don't know why. :eek::eek: I will try to add it....I reiterate Ken Lane is a poster child for a complete loser and is among 1000's of cheater f'ers in the autograph industry that are abusing the american public everyday through e-bay and other worthless internet web-sites. I only wish they would arrest more of these jokers.

Absolutely no need to apologize to me. I doubt anyone disagrees with your original post. Personally, I don't care whether you post your full name. I do know Leon says the rules of the board always are applied equally to everyone, hence my question.

Thanks.

Leon
02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi Leon,

Thanks in advance.

Rob- In this case, since this information was already public, I chose not to act on it. Also, for future reference please keep this very important rule in mind- (it's been posted too)...So from now on when you point something out to me I am going to quote this rule below...thanks again for all of the help.

**Since there are an unlimited amount of unforeseeable issues that can arise on the board, the moderator may make any decision he feels is in the best interest of Net54baseball, regardless of any written or oral rules.

and I should note that the rules are there for all members alike......after that you can see the rule above....

Fuddjcal
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
and by the way Rob D., Watch what you say on the board. The minute you say anything more controversial than "booooo" to anyone, I'll be calling for you to add your full name too:D No need to bother poor Leon, I figured it out.

Rob D.
02-05-2011, 05:18 PM
and by the way Rob D., Watch what you say on the board. The minute you say anything more controversial than "booooo" to anyone, I'll be calling for you to add your full name too:D No need to bother poor Leon, I figured it out.

Fair enough, Chuck. Though I'm pretty sure your efforts won't be needed.

Leon, no problem on the heads-up. Keep up the good work.

Leon
02-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Leon, no problem on the heads-up. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words, Rob.