PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Card Savers/Top Loaders do you guys use for T3's??

bobbyw8469
02-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I have some Perez Steele signed cards...the ones that look like old Turkey Reds......I don't see card savers that large. What kind of protection do you use to send them in? Any help is appreciated......

http://img2.sellersourcebook.com/users/73693/@@_img059.jpg

Tsaiko
02-04-2011, 07:51 PM
There was some discussion about this recently that might help you.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=131924
I haven't bought any yet, but I'm also looking at some different options.

bobbyw8469
02-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Thank you. Mine isn't more of a storage aspect. Mine is more for sending in for grading aspect.

The 6x9 looks like it might be too tight of a fit for the Turkey Reds...I know the Turkey Reds are slightly smaller, but wouldn't you want more than a 1/8" of room per side?

Tsaiko
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Yea, that's what I was thinking too and why I haven't moved on buying anything yet.
In fact, I think I'm just going to get them slabbed like you are.
Then they'll fit in the box and I won't have to worry about bent edges.
I'm going to call SGC and PSA on Monday and just ask them to recommend the best way to ship them.

Thanks,

T3s
02-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi,

Before PSA began grading T3s, I kept mine stored in the 6 X 9 toploaders. They fit fine and I never had a problem with them.

Since they began grading T3s, I've sent in over 400 to PSA and each time have used the same 6 X 9 stiff top loaders. It's the safest way to store and ship them that I have found.

I wish I had those 400 top loaders back!

Hope that helps.

Happy Collecting,
Craig

Republicaninmass
02-05-2011, 08:49 AM
BTW thanks for calling me the Village idiot over on the PSA boards after I tried to help you

They say there is a LAST time for everything

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=804996&STARTPAGE=1

bobbyw8469
02-05-2011, 05:43 PM
You weren't trying to help me troll...you were trying to belittle me and start trouble as you usually do! Now quit hijacking my threads!!!

PS - I wouldn't call you telling me to stick a Turkey Red in a Card Saver II as being helpful at all. I see that as you belittling me.....

chaddurbin
02-05-2011, 06:50 PM
when i had a few cabinets i would put the card into a comic sleeve (with the white cardboard for rigidity)...then put it into a comic toploader. the bigger sleeve w/cardboard would protect the raw cabinet and the toploader would protect the whole thing so nothing moved. perfect fit. the sleeves were like 5 for $1 and the toploader was $2.50 each.

Leon
02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
You weren't trying to help me troll...you were trying to belittle me and start trouble as you usually do! Now quit hijacking my threads!!!

PS - I wouldn't call you telling me to stick a Turkey Red in a Card Saver II as being helpful at all. I see that as you belittling me.....

I am not going to pile on but I just read the whole CU thread (yikes) and I don't think Republicaninmass was belittling anyone. I thought he was trying to help....heck, I very well might have given the same answer and have many larger cards in different types of toploaders myself.....I hope the fighting doesn't get started here. I will have to bring back the 14 yr old :eek:.