PDA

View Full Version : Barry Halper - roulette

Shoeless Moe
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=61927

It says originated from the Barry Halper Collection.......I'd rather it originated from the manufacturer. Although Barry Halper originated quite a few.

Seriously I can't think of few people I trust their word less then Pete Rose, Barry Halper......well maybe OJ too.

Streetsideguy
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, I hope it does sell and AMI gets its commission from the sale. Then maybe they can pay me the money they stole from me by not paying me for my item I sold through them in June of 2008! The still owe me nearly $3,200 and say that they are still trying to get caught back up on payments. What a crock!!

JW

RichardSimon
02-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Jason, I know it is no consolation, but you are not alone.
There are complaints on several internet sites about AMI and their BBB rating is in the toilet.

Streetsideguy
02-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Richard;

I am not quite sure how an auction company can take and item, sell that item, not pay the consigner, and continue to run their business as usual. This non payment is now going on nearly three years. I think I should be able to collect interest on my A/R for 18% just like the credit card companies. They would owe me about $4,800 to date. When I ask when I am going to get paid, I always get the same dog and pony show response.

Any thoughts on how to proceed with them?

Jason

perezfan
02-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Richard;

Any thoughts on how to proceed with them?

Jason

I believe that it would have to involve an aggressive attorney. You will likely get nowhere with them on your own. They still owe me money from 7 years back. The inquiries/calls/emails all go unanswered... unless you have won something in their "auction". Then they are on the phone to you next-day, wanting to know what form of payment you intend to use.

I truly cannot believe anyone continues to use them or even frequents their website. I delete their daily emails and shameless promos the second they hit my in-box.

DJR
02-10-2011, 11:36 AM

murphusa
02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Send a letter or call the Attorney Gerneral for the state where they are located and use the advice they give you. If you mailed the item to them under their instruction to you, also contact the postal authorities

Mark
02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
If I were owed money by them, I would be tempted to bid on an item that I wanted in their auctions. And when they called asking for payment, I'd tell them to take it out of what they owe me.

thetruthisoutthere
02-10-2011, 01:41 PM
If I were owed money by them, I would be tempted to bid on an item that I wanted in their auctions. And when they called asking for payment, I'd tell them to take it out of what they owe me.

My sentiments exactly, Mark. I think if a few collectors that are due monies from AMI did that, it might change the way they do business.

keithsky
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Jason, Why would you wait 3 years to get your money back from AM. I would give them maybe 6 months tops and that would be if I emailed them once a month to find out where my money is. After that I would have started to get an attorney or contact the attorney general or authorities in there state to get your money. That is way to much money to let it ride that long. good luck with it.

Shoeless Moe
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
I believe that it would have to involve an aggressive attorney. You will likely get nowhere with them on your own. They still owe me money from 7 years back. The inquiries/calls/emails all go unanswered... unless you have won something in their "auction". Then they are on the phone to you next-day, wanting to know what form of payment you intend to use.

I truly cannot believe anyone continues to use them or even frequents their website. I delete their daily emails and shameless promos the second they hit my in-box.

I think you have your answer in your answer. Why don't those of you who are owed money win something in one of their auctions, then when they ask for payment say to take it off your bill. You won't get money, but maybe you'd get merchandise.

baseballart
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I believe that it would have to involve an aggressive attorney. .

If only this board had an aggressive attorney ... if only.... :D:

Streetsideguy
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I did ask our corporte lawyer a long time back what I should do with the situation. He told me that since they were out of state, I would play hell getting anything done by suing them. Would end up costing me a bunch of money, and not getting paid in the meantime.

I did email the Nevada Attorney Generals office today and will await their reply.

I have spoken with a number of other people that are owed money still and some have mentioned suing AMI as well. They have run into the same situation that I have in getting any traction on the case with a lawyer.

keithsky
02-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Nice job Jason. Hope everything works out for you. Maybe you could get a class action suit where more than yourself didn't get paid that way you could split the attorney fees.

murphusa
02-10-2011, 08:46 PM
you can not do a class action in this situation