PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Brockelman Luckey auction

TT40391
02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Hey everyone, I am so excited about the B-L auction that starts this weekend. I have a few extra dollars and can actually bid in this one. I hope there is some great stuff. Anyone have some advance info about what is going to be in the auction?

Tony Turner

Blunder19
02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
when will the preview for this auction be available?

Leon
02-01-2011, 03:24 PM
The auction officially starts this Saturday. If it is all ready to go we are considering opening it a day early. I am not sure there will be a preview much before that. As always there will be something for everyone. From the higher dollar items to items that might only get to around $100. There will be lots of T206's, some with rare backs. There will be many other T cards with a Ramly Square frame that is about as nice of one as you are likely to find. There will be some post cards with a tri-fold of Wagner....one of the nicest E121 Ruth's (in an 80 holder) that you will ever see. A Rose PC of Wags and Plank....an orange border of Plank.....and multitudes of other type cards...And we will have many football and non-sports as well. A Tolerteros Leon Day and quite a bit of tobacciana stuff are some other items. In total there will be approximately 350 lots.....There is something for just about everyone. We are looking forward to it.

White Borders
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
.....and multitudes of other type cards...

Good description of my consignment :D

deadballera
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
as always...looking forward to the auction.

Rob D.
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
For those of you who missed it in the other thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showpost.php?p=867895&postcount=62

TT40391
02-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the update Leon. Can't wait to see the lots.

Tony Turner

sb1
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
T206 "set of 520" Missing only the Big 4

Many, many nice E97's sold individually

T201 & T202 HOFers in PSA 7 & 8

A run of E90-3's all SGC graded

Old Judges, about every N,D,T and E issue imaginable. Lots of Non-Sports as Leon mentioned, even 1970's Topps in PSA 8's!

Too much to single out everything.

oldjudge
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Good luck guys!

Cat
02-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Open 'er up! :)

bijoem
02-01-2011, 06:45 PM
The auction officially starts this Saturday. If it is all ready to go we are considering opening it a day early. I am not sure there will be a preview much before that. As always there will be something for everyone. From the higher dollar items to items that might only get to around $100. There will be lots of T206's, some with rare backs. There will be many other T cards with a Ramly Square frame that is about as nice of one as you are likely to find. There will be some post cards with a tri-fold of Wagner....one of the nicest E121 Ruth's (in an 80 holder) that you will ever see. A Rose PC of Wags and Plank....an orange border of Plank.....and multitudes of other type cards...And we will have many football and non-sports as well. A Tolerteros Leon Day and quite a bit of tobacciana stuff are some other items. In total there will be approximately 350 lots.....There is something for just about everyone. We are looking forward to it.

wow - sounds like a great auction!

I am looking forward to it.

e107collector
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
The past few B&L auctions have been great. I won a few items at great prices. Super fast shipping, and they don't even wait for my check to arrive, let alone clear.

Scott and Leon always went above and beyond to respond to my questions. I'm sure this auction will be great! Best of luck.

Tony

talkinbaseball
02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Leon,
We're tired of snow, were is the preview?
Cabin Fever is setting in quickly!
thanks,john

Leon
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Leon,
We're tired of snow, were is the preview?
Cabin Fever is setting in quickly!
thanks,john

Hey John
I am sure ya'll have got more snow than us but it's getting to be colder here in Dallas than it has been in 20 years. I am seeing some lows in the negative teens for wind chill and it will be single digits in temperature tomorrow. They say it's supposed to be in the mid-high 50s for the Super Bowl, on Sunday, in Arlington though. That's north Texas for ya'. If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute, it will change. We might try to get a preview up on Thursday but no guarantees. I just added a decent Dogshead pack to the auction too.....and an E92/E26 Menagerie backed Shean, so there should be some of our normally peculiar stuff. Thanks for the kind words from you other guys too. We try to do a good job and the right things, then let the chips fall where they may. It's not rocket science :). regards

Leon
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
There is not going to be a preview but since we are so freaking iced in, in Texas, we thought we would go ahead and open it early for bidding. We might add to a few descriptions and add a few scans but it's live and going. There are a lot of collector type lots. Good luck to all who go for something. Please email us with any questions. regards

www.b-lauctions.com

deadballera
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
we will try to warm up by bidding early and often !

Rich Klein
02-03-2011, 02:05 PM
The min bid for those 3 sealed "Classic* sets just seemed very high at $50.
The 1987 kraft boxes min bid seemed way too high as well

Otherwise most of the auction looked great!~

Good luck guys

Rich

oldjudge
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Great stuff--especially the non-baseball

ethicsprof
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
i've won in all but one of the auctions so i'm already salivating like a Pavlovian dog.
bring it on, Leon and Scott.
congrats,as always, on what's comin'

best,
barry

slidekellyslide
02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
FWIW that's Chief Johnson 4th from the right in the back row...and Dutch Zwilling is sitting 4th from left in the front row.

And no, this item is not mine and I have no idea who consigned it.

Leon
02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
FWIW that's Chief Johnson 4th from the right in the back row...and Dutch Zwilling is sitting 4th from left in the front row.

And no, this item is not mine and I have no idea who consigned it.

Thanks Dan....we will make a note of it in the description. As I said earlier, we did open a bit early and know there will be some additional info and scans added to some lots. I have some notes on this item but have not gone back and looked at them.... Thanks again, very much appreciated!!

Vintagecatcher
02-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Leon and Scott,

Thanks for opening the auction early. It was a nice surprise to come in after 3hours of shoveling on my day off to find your auction.

Many thanks,

Patrick in very snowy Maine

Irwin Fletcher
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Leon and Scott - looks like another great auction!

Whoever wins Lot 180 (1921-1937 Exhibit Type Lot of 10 Different), I am very interested in purchasing the 1936 Exhibit 4-on-1 Waner/Traynor/Bush/Vaughan.