PDA

View Full Version : Need expert opinions on 1911 sporting life blue backgrounds

CMIZ5290
02-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I recently looked at some psa populations for hall of famers that have blue backgrounds in this series. For psa 6's and higher, most had a total population of 10 or more. Eddie collins only had a total of 3 that are psa 6's or higher. There were no other players that were even close to the scarcity of that. Does anybody have any thoughts or opinions as to why collins numbers are so low? Thanks

Matt
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
All M116s were distributed in groups. The Blue background M116s were distributed in two series. Series 1 Blue Backgrounds included Collins, Cobb, Chase, Matty, Jennings and several others. As such, they should all be available in relatively equal amounts. What you're seeing on the pop reports could be due to any number of factors (resubmission, random loss over time, etc.) but is not a function of anything at distribution time (e.g. it wasn't short printed).

P.S. What is an 'expert opinion?'

CMIZ5290
02-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I was somewhat aware of how they were distributed, and understand how there are factors involved in creating the numbers. The point i was trying to make was why there is such a tremendous difference in collins numbers versus the other hall of famers.

ullmandds
02-01-2011, 05:56 PM
maybe it's because collins doesn't get the respect of submitting for grade as other hof'ers...his cards are usually priced lower than many other hof'ers with less than stellar careers as his?