PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out Old Judge populations

z28jd
01-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I haven't posted since the board switched over but I've been here since pre-pre-day 1 aka the Fullcount board. Anyway I thought I'd try to figure out the near impossible and that is what is the population of an Old Judge card that isn't near impossible. Larry Corcoran wasn't a common player but his cards are considered commons. He's probably somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as OJ cards to find,slightly common but not the easiest. Many years ago I figured there was probably 40 examples of him still around but I now know that is too low. He has six variations in the set,pictured below.

Here is what I have,listed in order of the picture(L-R,top to bottom):

Hands at shoulder:
3 London
7 Corcoran,P,Indianapolis
5 pitcher,Indianapolis

Hand at chest pose:
4 pitcher,Indianapolis
5 London
9 Corcoran,P, Indianapolis

That's 15 of the hands at shoulder pose,18 of the hands at chest pose,
25 Indianapolis,8 London
9 with the script writing
33 all together

I did the hard work,17 years of putting them together just to make this thread easier for everyone else in the future which is today. So whoever else has one or more,lets hear which one(s) you got. Thanks in advance

oldjudge
01-29-2011, 05:56 PM
John-I have one of each pose (one is also Londons, one Indianapolis) and a Gypsy Queen of one of the poses(don't remember which). I also know another pose collector who has both poses. If I had to guess I would say there are 75-100 Corcorans around, so you have at least a third of all of them.