PDA

View Full Version : Very odd hijacked or rip off ebay acct

ChiefBenderForever
01-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Has stolen images I recognize so assume all are stolen and also has mulitples of each item usually 4-9 each. Nine identical PSA 6 Topps or Bowman Mays RC's wow !! Haven't seen this before not sure what is up.

http://shop.ebay.com/sportsgiftsandcollectibles/m.html

D. Bergin
01-26-2011, 03:29 PM
That is pretty odd. Go big or go home I guess. :confused:

ctownboy
01-26-2011, 03:46 PM
THis is the same type of scam that was talked about a week or so ago on this board.

What the rip-off guy does is search eBay for Buy It Now items then he takes those listings and puts them under his name with a Buy It Now and jacks up the price. That way, he carries NO inventory and if someone buys it from him he then just goes and does a Buy It Now from the original seller and takes the profit.

For example, the rip off guy has a 2003 Fleer Barry Bonds autograph bat piece card numbered 222/613 with a Buy It Now price of $152.98 meanwhile, the original seller, fullcountcollections, has the card listed for $99.99.

When this scam was talked about in a different thread a week or so ago, the eBay guy was reported and eBay closed all of his auctions. I don't know if this is the same seller or not but he needs to be reported and shut down.

David

GoldenAge50s
01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
It's the same guy.