PDA

View Full Version : Technical Difficulties - Sorry.

hugginsandscott
01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
So, technical difficulties are often out of our control. Some of our members received numerous emails last night reminding them that our auction is ending on Thursday. This was a bug in the email program that effected some (but not all) of our members and we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Our IT guys are working as best they can to make sure it does not happen again.

To my surprise, some of the anger in the emails (and the guarantees that they would never bid with us again) was quite surprising. I like to think that of all the major auction houses, we send out emails about as infrequently as possible, as I know that I don't like receiving a lot of emails from the auction companies either.

This was not the case of me sitting in my office with my finger on the "send" button - it was a glitch in the program, that has never happened before and hopefully will never happen again.

For all those that sent us emails about how we are "obnoxious" and "classless" for sending multiple emails, I assure you, it was not intentional and we are sorry - sometimes computers don't operate as we ask them to.

Josh Wulkan
Vice President
Huggins and Scott Auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com

Matt
01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
To my surprise, some of the anger in the emails (and the guarantees that they would never bid with us again) was quite surprising. I like to think that of all the major auction houses, we send out emails about as infrequently as possible, as I know that I don't like receiving a lot of emails from the auction companies either.

Josh - my guess is that the situation with email overload from auction houses (ONLY 1 HOUR LEFT!; ONLY 59 MINUTES LEFT) is so sensitive (through no fault of your own) that any instance like you had is bound to cause a harsh reaction. I'd also imagine that should you have an item that one of those collectors wanted badly, their bid would find its way in.

Rob D.
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
So, technical difficulties are often out of our control. Some of our members received numerous emails last night reminding them that our auction is ending on Thursday. This was a bug in the email program that effected some (but not all) of our members and we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Our IT guys are working as best they can to make sure it does not happen again.

This was not the case of me sitting in my office with my finger on the "send" button - it was a glitch in the program, that has never happened before and hopefully will never happen again.

For all those that sent us emails about how we are "obnoxious" and "classless" for sending multiple emails, I assure you, it was not intentional and we are sorry - sometimes computers don't operate as we ask them to.

Josh Wulkan
Vice President
Huggins and Scott Auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com

More important, is your chat room working?

hugginsandscott
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Josh - my guess is that the situation with email overload from auction houses (ONLY 1 HOUR LEFT!; ONLY 59 MINUTES LEFT) is so sensitive (through no fault of your own) that any instance like you had is bound to cause a harsh reaction. I'd also imagine that should you have an item that one of those collectors wanted badly, their bid would find its way in.

Matt,
agreed, and I understand your point. Thanks for the input.
Josh

Leon
01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Josh - my guess is that the situation with email overload from auction houses (ONLY 1 HOUR LEFT!; ONLY 59 MINUTES LEFT) is so sensitive (through no fault of your own) that any instance like you had is bound to cause a harsh reaction. I'd also imagine that should you have an item that one of those collectors wanted badly their bid would find its way in.

First of all, I wouldn't worry too much Josh, as Matt says (and I agree with), if there is something those folks that are upset want, the bid will sneak in. Of course there can always be the 1-2 people that are just cranky, and there is nothing you can do about them anyway.

I feel like I have a fairly good perspective on things in the hobby since I spend some time in it, in different capacities. Here are a few observations-

1. People that bitch and scream the loudest, usually have the least skin in the game.
2. People that say they are leaving and never coming back, usually do.
2b. People that say they will never bid again with you either haven't ever bid before OR aren't even registered.
3. You will never make everyone happy. It doesn't matter if you give everyone a T206 Wagner and a million dollars and a date with the fantasy girl of their choice. Someone will still be unhappy that you didn't give them the A- PSA8 Wags B. Pay the taxes on the million dollars. C. Want multiple girls....

I am tellin' ya', it just doesn't matter :). You guys do a fantastic job Josh...and anyone that would be upset about a computer glitch is an idiot imo.

hugginsandscott
01-26-2011, 03:17 PM
First of all, I wouldn't worry too much Josh, as Matt says (and I agree with), if there is something those folks that are upset want, the bid will sneak in. Of course there can always be the 1-2 people that are just cranky, and there is nothing you can do about them anyway.

I feel like I have a fairly good perspective on things in the hobby since I spend some time in it, in different capacities. Here are a few observations-

1. People that bitch and scream the loudest, usually have the least skin in the game.
2. People that say they are leaving and never coming back, usually do.
2b. People that say they will never bid again with you either haven't ever bid before OR aren't even registered.
3. You will never make everyone happy. It doesn't matter if you give everyone a T206 Wagner and a million dollars and a date with the fantasy girl of their choice. Someone will still be unhappy that you didn't give them the A- PSA8 Wags B. Pay the taxes on the million dollars. C. Want multiple girls....

I am tellin' ya', it just doesn't matter :). You guys do a fantastic job Josh...and anyone that would be upset about a computer glitch is an idiot imo.

Leon,
thanks for putting a smile on my face!! Man, did I need that :)
J