PDA

View Full Version : Sgc

Frank A
01-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Whats up with SGC? I just called to get some info on submiting some S74's and got a machine . Says if you know who you want to talk to press1, for list press2. Thats it. How the hell do I know who I want to talk to since they have new people. What ever happened to press 3 to talk to a person. What happened to customer service.? Down the drain already?

thegashousegang
01-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Not sure, but maybe it's weather related and nobody was in the office at the time. In PA it's been snowing all morning (and a lot more than was expected at this time)

T206Collector
01-26-2011, 09:08 AM
.... and so far their customer service has been just as good. I suspect, as was previously suggested, any absence is weather related.

Robextend
01-26-2011, 09:08 AM
The customer service is absolutely not "down the drain". We have been getting bad weather here on the east coast this morning.

glynparson
01-26-2011, 09:15 AM
I would all but gaurantee its weather related. The vast majority of the staff drive well over an hour to get to the offices and the weather is pretty bad here. so I am willing to bet they are closed or very short staffed.

Pup6913
01-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I will try and explain. I have been there in person and have seen the volume of calls coming in in a matter of a few hrs. They can't possibly keep up with everything. Press #2 and listen to the options. It gives you the name of the person and what they do. You want to talk to Mike Goldberg. Heck leave a message and they will get back. Don't be impatient, they have jobs too. I have never left a message and not gotten a call within hrs or the next morning if busy. Their customer service is impeccable and should never be questioned. I would think twice before posting on this board about SGC's customer service. Probably the best part other than those nice slabs.:)

Oh yes the weather is a factor today also. sorry for that oversight.

Jim VB
01-26-2011, 09:25 AM
You want to talk to Mike Goldberg.

Andrew,

Mike is no longer with SGC. Neither is Brian. Neither is Sean.

Keep up, man! :D

alanu
01-26-2011, 09:27 AM
As an alternative you can send them an e-mail via their website. I've always gotten a response within 24 hours (usually less) or a call back if requested.

Don't remember when I had an "urgent" question for a grading company.

Pup6913
01-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Andrew,

Jim I have been in and out of the loop since i have been out of state. What a shame. I knew about Brian right after the national but not the other 2.

Jim VB
01-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Jim I have been in and out of the loop since i have been out of state. What a shame. I knew about Brian right after the national but not the other 2.

Around the 1st of the year, James Spencer purchased an equity interest in SGC. There were a couple of threads about it here, but nothing big.

Change is a part of doing business.

Republicaninmass
01-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Andrew,

But they got Jimmy Spence

chaddurbin
01-26-2011, 10:06 AM
i look forward to the next sgc thread

calvindog
01-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I sent in a card on Monday and it came back graded today. SGC's doing just fine.

Jim VB
01-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I sent in a card on Monday and it came back graded today. SGC's doing just fine.

Always a contrarian in every group!

Rob D.
01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
On a related matter, I had a problem with the brakes on my Chrysler Town and Country. Called Lee Iacocca today, and the problem has been solved.

sando69
01-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Always a contrarian in every group!

...a customer service issue?
the weather here is beautiful...
sunny, clear blue sky, mid 70's...
so, what's the problem? :cool: