PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia . com Auction House

Shoeless Moe
01-17-2011, 09:01 AM
I was about to register and bid on an item with this auction house but then I am reading their Registration Agreement and it states:

"Unless explicitly stated otherwise by AMI, each Lot is being sold with reserve as a reserve auction. These terms are applicable to all reserve auctions. AMI and seller reserve the right to withdraw any property before and during the sale of such property. The seller also reserves the right to reject any and all bids for any reason. The reserve price may not be disclosed. All bids are raised in ten percent (10%) increments and AMI, at its sole and complete discretion, may reject a nominal bid advance. AMI reserves the right to place a bid on any Lot on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve, if any. AMI will not specifically identify bids placed on behalf of the seller."

I don't like knowing that I can "win" the item by being the high bidder, but not "win" the item. If they have a reserve, just list it for the damn reserve price.

I decided not to register with them. (Also 20% BP, yikes)

Leon
01-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Search this board about them. They have had some very serious issues before. Just about as bad as any auction house I can remember, from what I remember :) . When I go by their table at shows I always think of a circus for some reason?

bobbyw8469
01-18-2011, 02:01 PM
American Memorabilia is NOT a good auction house. I used to bid and win from them, but then they committed the unforgivable sin (not pay consignors), and that was enough for me. And we are not talking about owing people a couple hundred dollars. I believe one consignor was owed 6 figures.....

perezfan
01-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Avoid them like the plague. Do your homework before you even think about bidding.