PDA

View Full Version : Reprints on ebay. Unkowingly or purposely mis-listed.

novakjr
01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, from time to time I'll come across somebody on ebay who really doesn't know what they're selling. Or at least claims not to. If I have some info that they don't, I'll usually help 'em out and let 'em know.

Now that being said, what do you do when a seller responds with a thank you, but never updates his auction?

I've run into the same problem with people selling the Fro-Joy color or Blue tint Ruth's as well...But in those cases I always get ignored.

vintagetoppsguy
01-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I know for a fact that the card is a standard size reprint set given away at an Indians game in the 80's, and let the seller know, and he thanked me for the information....YET, he still has it listed as he's unsure if it's original or reprint, and never attached my statement in the Q and A part at the bottom of the auction.

Copied and pasted from his listing: "**I have just found out this is from a handout set from an Indians game in the 80s.**"

What else do you want him to do?

novakjr
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Wasn't there last I looked. I'd like to thank the seller for updating then... I'll definitely give him credit as being an honest seller. And am updating the original post accordingly.

Anyways though, has anyone else encountered similar situations? Surely, I can't be the only on the bay who messages people about what they have, when they give out the "I'm not sure" story. I don't think that everyone's out to rip everyone off, some people honestly don't know. But this has become a bigger deal to me ever since ebay removed user names from the auctions, so that you can't share info with other unsuspecting bidders. Share your experiences and outcomes with sellers on ebay.. And what are the most often mis-listed cards that you come across?