PDA

View Full Version : Harmon Killebrew is ill

bigtrain
12-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Just read the statement on the Hall of Fame facebook page. Harmon Killebrew is battling esophageal cancer. I have had the privilege of meeting him a couple of times in Cooperstown. He is a real classy gentleman and a great ambassador for the game. Wishing him and his family the best as they fight this terrible disease and hoping he and his doctors can knock cancer out of the park.

familytoad
12-31-2010, 08:31 PM
I met Mr.Killebrew in Cooperstown as well...the nicest of the dozen HOFers i met that weekend in 1995...and the awesome Bob Feller was among them so that's saying something.
I suppose we all realize that our heroes cant last forever but we have had a bad stretch lately.
God Bless you Harmon!!!!

UOTE=bigtrain;858919]Just read the statement on the Hall of Fame facebook page. Harmon Killebrew is battling esophageal cancer. I have had the privilege of meeting him a couple of times in Cooperstown. He is a real classy gentleman and a great ambassador for the game. Wishing him and his family the best as they fight this terrible disease and hoping he and his doctors can knock cancer out of the park.[/QUOTE]

ChrisH
12-31-2010, 09:04 PM
I met him at a Tri Star show here in Kansas City. He was very gracious to both young and old. I was only about 14 when I met him and he wondered if I even knew who he was. He was very impressed when I quoted some of his stats to him.

ChiefBenderForever
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
He was the first vintage player I collected. I mowed countless lawns and spent a good portion of my earnings on Killer, putting together an unreal collection during the early to mid 1980's, I sure wish I still had them ! I hope he is ok, he is one of the greats of the game and hobby.

TUM301
01-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Never forget my 1`st glove, a Harmon K. model. Way back in the late 60`s and from that day on he became and still is my all-time fav player. Man did he pepper our "green monster" when he didn`t clear it by 100 feet here at Fenway. But the best aspect of being a fan of this man was learning as I grew up that his feats on the field were topped only by the way he conducted himself off the field. A true gentleman, good luck and hang tough Sir.